• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pinoy
040208.jpg
Cloak hoodie Vintage scarf Rick tee Dior jeans Officine Creative boots Jas MB bag Can anyone give me some comments and thoughts on this outfit? Thanks!

Is this color accurate or did your camera red shift everything? Your color palette is excellent if this is real, but looking at your white balance...

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Is this color accurate or did your camera red shift everything? Your color palette is excellent if this is real, but looking at your white balance...

I was just gonna say, awesome color palette, but it's hard to tell if it's being represented accurately.

Pinoy, the silhouette is great, too.

Conrad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sauwan
Conrad - The rise on those is a little ridiculous. At least don't tuck your shirt in, it only exacerbates the problem. Makes me think "dad".

Well, the rise isn't extreme, I'm just short. They actually have a little less front rise than 501's. However, I don't have much of a choice as I run into comfort issues with low rise pants. I prefer some "room to breathe" which any sort of "classic cut" low rise jean I've tried just doesn't have.

Then just looking at what else I'm wearing; I wouldn't exactly say I'm going for a contemporary look either. Just wait until I bust out the pearl snaps
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

maclovin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
simple...

Agnes
Good Society
JVxConv

111mw0.jpg

This fit is terrible. Do not let your children try this at home.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Conrad
Well, the rise isn't extreme, I'm just short. They actually have a little less front rise than 501's. However, I don't have much of a choice as I run into comfort issues with low rise pants. I prefer some "room to breathe" which any sort of "classic cut" low rise jean I've tried just doesn't have.

Then just looking at what else I'm wearing; I wouldn't exactly say I'm going for a modern or urban look either. Just wait until I bust out the pearl snaps
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I understand that you're short and prefer higher rise jeans, but the jean fit just doesn't look very good. They seem like they're a size big too. I don't think the fit of the shirt or the jacket are helping you much either. Maybe comfy, but everything seems like you sized up for "comfort" and not in a good way.

pinoy- Yes! Love every bit of it.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Conrad
First timer here. Figured it was a nice day to bust out the basics, see how they go over. First pic is sans jacket, obviously. Shirt is a CPO that has been in active rotation since 1972 (13 years older than I am), pants are raw 517's, boots are issue jungle boots that have been in rotation since 1985.
4-2-08.jpg
Jacket was a last minute addition since it was cooler than I thought this morning. Berman's suede blazer, circa mid to late 1950's. I typically don't pair it with a black shirt, but I think it works in the end.
4-2-082.jpg

2/10
confused.gif
Sorry but this belongs in the below average can't coordinate, no sense of color or proportion forum. If you want to keep trying, fair play but please do some research, read some fashion mag's and stop making me feel bad for saying that these outfits, especially the suede jacket are tragic.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by codename
First Post (i.e. help me SF!) Sorry about photo

100_0567.jpg

Roganed out:
Edun
Rogan
Loomstate x Vans

Never, ever, iron your jeans. Unless you are a bonafide cowboy. Or farmer. And those are your bonafide dress jeans. And you are going out for a nice dinner with the missus. Only excuses (and good ones they are.)

hustlenflo22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Singular
As usual, details and watch Appreciation in the blog. (cross-post from MC)
p1070411_1207163700.jpg
p1070417_1207163782.jpg
p1070441_1207164048.jpg
p1070475_1207164263.jpg
p1070498_1207164378.jpg
p1070518_1207164442.jpg
p1070536_1207164877.jpg
p1070556_1207164979.jpg
p1070563_1207165033.jpg
/M

That double-breasted blazer has a fantastic fit--who makes it? Overall fantastic fits...I'm surprised there aren't more people praising this
Originally Posted by braidkid
^ I like it. Can't think of anything constructive to say.
Yep, just looks good. Period.
Originally Posted by constant struggle
waywt010108a.JPG
apc jacket nom de guerre shawl collar uniqlo henley apc jeans vans sneakers

How are you liking that jacket? Fit on the jeans looks pretty nice.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, that was awesome Pinoy. Totally makes up for the horrible Dior jeans fit a while back XD

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Singular - REALLY Nice fits
hustlenflo22 - I really like that jacket, I like that I can wear it with my business casual as well for work... it is a bit boxy though, fits very well in chest/shoulders i must say

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hustlenflo22
That double-breasted blazer has a fantastic fit--who makes it? Overall fantastic fits...I'm suirprised there aren't more people praising this
I've seen a few posts from this guy, he's very well put together, really good, something I could never achieve. His look reminds me of all the suave Italian fabric salesman at Premier Vision in Paris. I like the 3rd outfit from the left and far right. This is a 9/10 for me.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think singular dresses extremely well, the only thing is that it seems like the fits are uncomfortable. They are so well fitting that they come across as constricting. How's the movement in your fits singular?

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
I think singular dresses extremely well, the only thing is that it seems like the fits are uncomfortable. They are so well fitting that they come across as constricting. How's the movement in your fits singular?

I see what you're talking about, and I think some of it is just the result of the somewhat stiff pose. IIRC singular's posted some outfits in the past where he was a little more relaxed, and he looked eminently comfortable in the clothes.

One of my favorites on the forum, definitely.

Black Cherry

Reaction score
Don't have much to say about Singular because his **** is so obviously rad, but I especially love the colorful pieces such as the red turtleneck and yellow slacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads