• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
i saw this watch at the moma design store today at lunch and was drawn to it. What do you think of it? it's $185 minus a 20% discount. Thought it would look good with an upgraded strap. It's nothing fancy but i like the simplicity of it.

m_46977.jpg

zatarregaza

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mylesmyles
i saw this watch at the moma design store today at lunch and was drawn to it. What do you think of it? it's $185 minus a 20% discount. Thought it would look good with an upgraded strap. It's nothing fancy but i like the simplicity of it.

Nice indeed! I think the simplicity in the straps complements the watch quite well.

They don't have any stores in Texas - ah, POOH! I didn't see the discount mentioned on their web site. Maybe I just have to dig around on their site a bit more.

I don't know what think of this one:

m_71404.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

m_46977.jpg

$100-something is hard to swallow for a quartz watch IMO, but if you love it, then the "value" question is not that relevant - you should get it.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
There's also something called rolled gold, which is, I believe, a thin layer of gold literally rolled onto a base metal at great pressure.

Not to be confused with Rold Gold.

51fWUZz0GqL._AA280_PIbundle-300,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

rimshot.gif
Anyway, nice looking watch. Where did you get it from?

ElGuapo, I haven't seen that done before. I think it looks awesome - all business.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's my personal collection. I stopped about 5 years ago. Missing are a Cartier Tank Francais choronograph and a Tag Heuer Kirium, both in service.

DSC06045.jpg

Starting top left, clockwise,

Rolex Daytona SS, white dial, Zenith El Primero movement
AP Royal Oak, two tone, Day-Date Moon Phase
Rolex Submariner, blue dial, two tone
Franck Muller, SS, Conquistador

Bottom drawer (left to right)

JLC Reverso Duo, SS
Cartier Santos, two tone

40kaas-nl

Reaction score
I just bought this for around 30 Euros at eBay:

2725_1.JPG

It is a vintage Alpina wristwatch (thirties or forties?) with a SS case. The seller said it did not run but maybe I will be able te restore it... Hopefully it only needs a cleaning and the movement is complete but we will see
smile.gif

Maybe I will take some pictures when I get the watch and after / during "restoration"

It is quite difficult to find SS wristwatches this old, most are just plated or silver / gold.

Cannot wait to see the watch "in the flesh" and see how I have done
tounge.gif

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Panda Port arrived this AM, a quick shot on my way home in traffic.

L1020773.jpg

At home whilst there is good natural light - will take better shots this w/end.

L1020786.jpg

Can't believe how big it wears on me - I've worn bigger (up to 45.5mm & this is 42mm, I think it is due to the large crystal face - no bezel).. Maybe I won't get one for my SO (she like the white face with gold arms).

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
m_46977.jpg

The Swiss Railway watch is based on the clocks on every Swiss Railway station platform I can remember. It is a design classic if not a horological masterpiece.

penguin vic

Reaction score
el Guapo: I've never seen Rolexes look that good. You've got the style thing. All class.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty much pales in comparison to all the damn nice watches in this thread, but its my little gift for myself for getting a job and graduating:
watchju2.jpg
Didn't cost much (just under $90cdn shipped with leather band from PMWF.com) but I just love the colour, pictures don't do it justice in the light.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^Sonick,

Nice watch, but be careful. It's a "gateway" watch. First it's a $90 Seiko to celebrate getting the new job. Next it's a $1500 Breitling with the proceeds of that first big bonus. Before long you're hanging out on TimeZone with the WIS's looking to score JLC's and Pateks and trying to convince your kids there's a certain "nobility" to community college.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Installed custom firmware into my camera, just playing around with it:
watchht1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads