• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OH GOD. Those look so much better than I thought they did.

Ugh, now I have to go get myself a pair.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by capnpyro
Found my way down to the PS store today after much dilema, ricard boots. My first pair of paul smiths and I think I'm loving them.

ricardboot.jpg

Yeah, they look way better in your photo. I was thinking about these as well, and I just might get them.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How comfortable are Paul Smith shoes? And how are they against other regulars around SF in terms of quality. I'd like to know what people think of them especially alongside other dress shoes that are well respected on here, such as AE, Alden, C&J or the likes.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I find it bizarre that it just happens to coincide with your mid life crisis involving rick owens.

It goes perfect together IMHO but I can't be accused of shaving too often.

Lachy

Reaction score
When I first saw pictures of those Ricards on the PS site, I liked them alot, now, after those photos, I have to have a pair. Beautiful!

I'd like to see them in an outfit.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woohoo, finally semi-decent watch!

watchju2.jpg

Histrion

Reaction score
Nice.

I need one too and I was thinking about a Seiko. What's the model's name?

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its a Seiko 5, their "budget" line but still features day/date, automatic movement and "smooth" second hand.

My particular model is the SNK793K1

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
It goes perfect together IMHO but I can't be accused of shaving too often.

Fuumski, I'm getting a couple ro myself then again I never shave haha.

Still saving for overlock and diag zips. Really really want that ma spring coat too but that ain't happening sista.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
How comfortable are Paul Smith shoes? And how are they against other regulars around SF in terms of quality. I'd like to know what people think of them especially alongside other dress shoes that are well respected on here, such as AE, Alden, C&J or the likes.

PS shoes (mainline dip dyed ones) are more comfortable from day 1 than any other dress shoes. C&J actually used to do some of PS shoes back in the later 90s iirc...and Trickers has done a PS line as well. Currently Joseph Cheaney is doing the "british made" PS shoes.

Quality-wise I think they are great.....the mainline shoes are mostly goodyear welted (but not all), the dip dye leather (again in mainline shoes) is awesome and looks really interesting. If you want to talk about banking and stocks, then get some AE/CJ/EG/JL etc. If you want to talk about good music, artsy ****, and chicks then get PS
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, GS. I need a pair or two of black dress shoes but the MC stuff really just isn't a good fit for what I wear. I think I'm going to have to get some PS shoes.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought these 2 shirts off of yoox

MCR:
380344991P_2.jpg

G.V. Conte
380354001A_2.jpg

I was a bit hesitant to buy the G.V. Conte shirt as it's 67% Cotton, 30% Nylon, and 3% elastane, but I've heard good things about the quality of GV Conte, so I'm hoping they did this to give it an extra slim fit rather than just to make a cheap shirt. I'm not really familiar with shirts made of nylon/elastane so I'm really hoping this isn't crap.

Edit: and in case anyone wants to pick them up... I got the last one in both.
tounge.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
Thanks, GS. I need a pair or two of black dress shoes but the MC stuff really just isn't a good fit for what I wear. I think I'm going to have to get some PS shoes.
right on. I would look more at Mainline level shoes. London (the businesswear line) has some good shoes but overall they try to be MC-style shoes, but at a subpar level with a high pricetag. PS (the lower line) has some good ones but the construction can be hit/miss (best made shoes are blake stitched, which is good). Mainline doesnt try to be MC-ish, and has its own personality mixing classic with edgy/modern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads