• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Opoika

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. I really like this 1B cut with these quarters and those 2" cuffs are nice too. Sleeve lenghth is also perfect and they seem hang pretty nicely. Now I would like to order more this same style and maybe one navy suit with peak lapels. Too bad I don't have the money yet.

PS: the fabric is brown glen plaid.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with the sleeve pitch at all. It may have something to do with posture.

mataleao

Reaction score
Opoika excellent choice in color! That TaT fit looks nice. The 2" cuff definitely work with your height.

phaedrus

Reaction score
That suit looks good on you Opoika, both the fit and choice of colour. well done.

tecks

Reaction score
Evening Boys and Girls,

Just thought I'd share some photos of my TaT suit with you all. The fabric is the English Super 120 charcoal. The style isn't really too different from the house, slightly wider lapels, slightly longer overall, no ticket pocket, no belt loops, half-break. Sorry for the poor quality of the pics, my DSLR has a flat battery and my girlfriends camera is rubbish
frown.gif

img2536nv7.jpg

img2537cg3.jpg

img2539zb7.jpg

So, the fit I am very happy with. Yes there are a few wrinkles/folds here and there in the photos, however this was taken just after getting home from work at the end of the day, and really we don't stand around in a perfect pose in the office all day. We walk around, sit in different chairs, write notes, shake hands and so on, a suit is never going to be perfectly crease free in practical use. Overall I couldn't be happier with the fit. The only question I have is about the sleeve length. Do you think I should take it down? I didn't get working cuffs as I wasn't 100% confident with the measurement. And how much more on the shirt (I am about to place another order with Jantzen)?

Anyway here's some detail shots.

Inside right pocket
img2540pb4.jpg

Inside left pocket, pen pocket, ticket pocket
img2541hm4.jpg

Lapel and breast pocket, bit hard to see the stitching detail sorry
img2543zw7.jpg

Cuff, real horn buttons
bigstar[1].gif

img2544sx2.jpg

The jacket pockets
img2546so8.jpg

And the trousers, buckle side adjusters, straight side pockets, one back pocket and good size hidden pocket in the waistband
img2547eo4.jpg

Thanks Jason!

bob

Reaction score
Outstanding. Sleeve length looks good to me. Would you mind taking some pics with your slr?

nickG

Reaction score
very nice. cant wait to get my measurements so i can order

brlfvr

Reaction score
I disagree about slimmer pants. Did you look at the profile shot? Shoulders look great and I like the length. I think the sleeves need to be narrowed at top and although not very popular on this forum I do think the sleeves need to be lengthened. Well done.

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also wouldn't get slimmer pants. I think the sleeves are fine where they are, but if you want to have them let down, then I think you should lengthen your shirtsleeves as well to get the right amount of cuff.

Looks good.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice fit.

I just want to ask whether TaT suits have working sleeve buttons, and are the width of your pants default.

Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads