• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Belts

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something new here. As I wanted to make sure that the quality was high I received a sample over six months and have used it almost every day and have been extremely impressed and pleased with the quality. Buckle is removable and can be changed with another buckle (which we hopefully shall add eventually) as well as being able to cut down to correct size. I am trying hard to keep the pricing comfortable and not as crazy as it should due to the meteoric rise/Fall of the Euro/Dollar. Pricing meanwhile at 85.00 Dollars. Additional Pics to follow. (Leathers are hard to photograph too! )
FH-Belts1.jpg

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'll take a brown one. B

TW, unless the buckle is exceptional, I can't imagine the point in having it be removable since I have no reason to move it onto another strap. Same with the strap - I have a hard time imagining that the strap is so special that it would be worth keeping available for my super-duper great buckle. If I had one of those, I would probably just get a strap made for it.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I'll take a brown one. B TW, unless the buckle is exceptional, I can't imagine the point in having it be removable since I have no reason to move it onto another strap. Same with the strap - I have a hard time imagining that the strap is so special that it would be worth keeping available for my super-duper great buckle. If I had one of those, I would probably just get a strap made for it.
Oiyyy...Whattsamatter??? You got tired of Busting Matt's Chops?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Do you really want the Brown? (With or without the buckle?
tounge.gif
)

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FIHTies
Oiyyy...Whattsamatter??? You got tired of Busting Matt's Chops?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Do you really want the Brown? (With or without the buckle?
tounge.gif
)

Yes. I'll take a brown one. If I find that I own a super duper buckle with no strap, I'll return your buckle, but for now, I'll need it.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does it compare to the Allen Edmonds belts that are similarly priced?

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius69
How does it compare to the Allen Edmonds belts that are similarly priced?
Actually... I did check out the AE site and the belt that I thought compared the most in style was this one, http://www.allenedmonds.com/webapp/w...2&&imageType=2 Which is priced 20 dollars more. And other than the AE etched into the belt buckle, in my eye they look almost Identical. I dont know their guarantee but If you are reasonably unsatisfied with your purchase due to the product not wearing the way it should I will take it back anytime. Incidentally the color that the brown that I have is probably best compared to the Chili color that they have on the site.
39506.jpg

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks, Jonathan. Mine arrived.

For those who are wondering, the belt looks good and is of a very nice quality. Both the outside leather and the lining are of a nice quality and the belt is well-finished (meaning the waxing of the edges, the stitching, the feel of the padding, etc). The buckle is generously sized and nicely machined in a nickel brass finish (meaning white, not yellow, solid brass). Both buckle and strap are stamped Made in Italy. I have no interest in a removable buckle, but was surprised at how well made the mechanism is. It isn't a snap, but rather a screw with a fold up wing that lets you grip and turn the screw but otherwise lays flat out of the way. What was not mentioned, but is useful, is that the second strap keeper loop is adjustable (you have to unscrew the buckle to figure out that the keeper has two possible lengths). The belt fit well, mainly because Jonathan had me measure one of my belts whose fit I liked and then tell him exactly where I wanted the center hole to be on the new belt.

I don't know how wide the belt is, but it is slightly wider than my current casual belt. It fits all the loops on my casual trousers, but I would not use this width for a dress belt.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Thanks, Jonathan. Mine arrived. For those who are wondering, the belt looks good and is of a very nice quality. Both the outside leather and the lining are of a nice quality and the belt is well-finished (meaning the waxing of the edges, the stitching, the feel of the padding, etc). The buckle is generously sized and nicely machined in a nickel brass finish (meaning white, not yellow, solid brass). Both buckle and strap are stamped Made in Italy. I have no interest in a removable buckle, but was surprised at how well made the mechanism is. It isn't a snap, but rather a screw with a fold up wing that lets you grip and turn the screw but otherwise lays flat out of the way. What was not mentioned, but is useful, is that the second strap keeper loop is adjustable (you have to unscrew the buckle to figure out that the keeper has two possible lengths). The belt fit well, mainly because Jonathan had me measure one of my belts whose fit I liked and then tell him exactly where I wanted the center hole to be on the new belt. I don't know how wide the belt is, but it is slightly wider than my current casual belt. It fits all the loops on my casual trousers, but I would not use this width for a dress belt.
The width of the belt is 35MM. (Alright dopey, you win) This translates into 1 and 5/16 of an inch. Use the belt in good health.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually 35 mm. converts to 1.38", or about 1 3/8", not 1 5/16". However, maybe you are saying that, although it is marked 35 mm., it actually measures out to 1 5/16", which is actually a little over 33 mm. This may seem like mere pedantry, but for my size and build, it is important. An actual 35 mm., or 1 3/8", is just too wide. I tend to prefer 1 1/8" or 1 1/4", although might go as high as 1 5/16", but absolutely no wider. For a casual belt, wider may be OK, but not for dress (or, in my case, for casual either). Jonathan, I'd consider changing the width of your belts to 1 1/4". BTW, will you have them eventually in other textures (like scotch grain)? And other colors (like burgundy)?

I really like the interchangeable-buckles feature. I try to have a wide range of colors in my belts, and all have been altered to have interchangeable buckles. I have some very nice 1 1/8" and 1 1/4" (and 1 3/16"--or 30 mm.) dress buckles in both silver- and gold-finish. With this setup, I can go with either metal color and the right belt color for all of my outfits. I haven't gone the sterling silver or solid gold route because of the expense, but have found some silver-tone buckles that are the right shape and rodium plated. A less-expensive approach to the system I've gone to--than the sterling, solid gold one--would be to have the brass buckles silver-plated and gold-plated. The former, in particular, is quite inexpensive, but, like sterling, does pose the problem of tarnishing.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roger
Actually 35 mm. converts to 1.38", or about 1 3/8", not 1 5/16". However, maybe you are saying that, although it is marked 35 mm., it actually measures out to 1 5/16", which is actually a little over 33 mm. This may seem like mere pedantry, but for my size and build, it is important. An actual 35 mm., or 1 3/8", is just too wide. I tend to prefer 1 1/8" or 1 1/4", although might go as high as 1 5/16", but absolutely no wider. For a casual belt, wider may be OK, but not for dress (or, in my case, for casual either). Jonathan, I'd consider changing the width of your belts to 1 1/4". BTW, will you have them eventually in other textures (like scotch grain)? And other colors (like burgundy)? I really like the interchangeable-buckles feature. I try to have a wide range of colors in my belts, and all have been altered to have interchangeable buckles. I have some very nice 1 1/8" and 1 1/4" (and 1 3/16"--or 30 mm.) dress buckles in both silver- and gold-finish. With this setup, I can go with either metal color and the right belt color for all of my outfits. I haven't gone the sterling silver or solid gold route because of the expense, but have found some silver-tone buckles that are the right shape and rodium plated. A less-expensive approach to the system I've gone to--than the sterling, solid gold one--would be to have the brass buckles silver-plated and gold-plated. The former, in particular, is quite inexpensive, but, like sterling, does pose the problem of tarnishing.
Roger: As usual, you are right! The belt does measure closer to 33MM now that I look closer despite it stating 35MM and I can hear what you are saying regarding the additional size. As far as additional sizes and additional colors it all depends on a couple of things namely 1) The interest in the current stock. 2) The direction of the dollar/euro. In actuality If there is interest I can go pretty much any one of these on a pre-order as I do not have to order minimums but they will not be delivered till another few months. I would also have to confirm sizes, available colors and pricing. On the model that I have its available in 4 colors, with the addition of a very dark brown and a navy (which I have already ordered.)
Belts.jpg

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those belts are spectacular. Is that a lizard I see (fourth down)?

Are either one of these available for $85?

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
Those belts are spectacular. Is that a lizard I see (fourth down)? Are either one of these available for $85?
I dont believe that they are lizard, rather a lizard finish on a leather. And if they were they certainly wouldnt be 85
smile.gif
As I mentioned I don't know about pricing on any of these other than the 915 and the 913 which would be 85. I also do not have any of these available and would have to order them so lead time would be a few months.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads