• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Took a flyer on an ebay Oliver Spencer jacket (thanks, styleforum ebay ticker!)

I dunno... too small?

Other than the unbalanced sleeve length(due to posture, probably), it looks like an excellent fit to my eyes. Just the right amount of pulling too.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks fellas.

Originally Posted by whacked
Other than the unbalanced sleeve length(due to posture, probably),
This is a possibility, plus my left sleeve cuff is caught on my watch.

The place I'm worried about is by the shoulders, where there's some vertical folding when my arms are at all forward. This goes away if I stand military straight, but I don't do that, so...

spencerxz0hi7.jpg

Wonder if a tailor could address this?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Looks like it fits well shore me likey.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782

The place I'm worried about is by the shoulders, where there's some vertical folding when my arms are at all forward. This goes away if I stand military straight, but I don't do that, so...

That's a sleeve pitch issue. A good tailor could fix it, but it's pretty expensive and I wouldn't worry about it, it's probably not worth it.

Wonder if a tailor could address this?
Yes, it can be fixed but it involves taking the sleeves off and changing the angle at the armpit, IIRC it's $100 or so at least. The wrinkling you have is barely noticeable so I wouldn't bother.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
some carol

hustlenflo22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI
Tim Hamilton x Uniqlo Grey jacket
Tim Hamilton x Uniqlo blue hoodie

I'll try to get some decent pictures up later.

Was that hoodie really worth it? Next collaboration is on May 30th, one can only hope that it's better than what I found to be a very flat Tim Hamilton line.

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I really liked the hoodie. I like my hoodies to be slim, and that can be a problem when they have a ribbed waist because it tends to ride up the torso when I sit down. I liked that it had a double zipper (not usually too common on $40 hoodies) because then I won't have any problems with the hoodie riding up. I also like that the hoodie can be zipped up to cover up a good amount of the neck, and the color and lining were nice.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
fishtail_parka.jpg

I just got a damn good fishtail parka from United Bamboo. They could have toned down the fur collar some, which is coming off asap, but it's pretty well made and is close in design and details to the classic M65 (but not as oversized and drapey).

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Nice but winter is over my good man.

You should be buying s/s stuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads