• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barneys House Shoes: Who makes 'em?

lithium180

Reaction score
Who makes Barneys house shoes these days and what is the quality/construction like? What other brands could it be compared to?

I am looking at a shoe like this one on ebay but am suspicious since this had a relatively low price and no one bid on it.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested to know as well, though I wouldn't be surprised if they have a few different manufactures.

I recently bought a few pairs of these in cognac - fantastic value, fit & feel.

P160308_2237.jpg

P160308_223601.jpg

P160308_2236.jpg

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barney's has some really nice ties too. I often see them in C21 tagged "Marino Gabri" for $20.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Italian shoe factory #17. I have no idea. They seem to vary quite a bit in quality.

Originally Posted by lithium180
t am suspicious since this had a relatively low price and no one bid on it.

I don't think that's a low price for a pair of worn shoes, especially considering the house label shoes show up at the warehouse sale on really deep discount.

Nice socks, guapo.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought these on ebay for like $65 while they were still selling in Barney's for $325 & they are one of my faves. Excellent leather but the soles are glued on. I still love them.

......011-1.jpg

madison avenue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by el Guapo WOngO!
I'd be interested to know as well, though I wouldn't be surprised if they have a few different manufactures.

I recently bought a few pairs of these in cognac - fantastic value, fit & feel.

P160308_2237.jpg

P160308_223601.jpg

P160308_2236.jpg

These are great are they still available for sale? I may go check it out today thats how much I like these!

madison avenue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
I bought these on ebay for like $65 while they were still selling in Barney's for $325 & they are one of my faves. Excellent leather but the soles are glued on. I still love them.

......011-1.jpg

Posts like this make me feel bad I just got my pair, same exact shoes but paid the $325 price tag =( To add plus tax!!!!

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought it was Peluso.

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
I thought it was Peluso.

I have a pair of Peluso for Barney's and they are marked as "Peluso for Barney's". I'm not sure if they have others that aren't explicitly marked as such.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by madison avenue
Posts like this make me feel bad I just got my pair, same exact shoes but paid the $325 price tag =( To add plus tax!!!!

Funny, when I got these I said out loud that I would totally have paid full price. Not really but that's how I feel about them.

The soles started to seperate on the sides where the ball of the foot is & when I took them to Nick over at B.Nelson he told me he could resole them with a stitched sole. When it's time I'll take them to him.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by madison avenue
These are great are they still available for sale? I may go check it out today thats how much I like these!

Yes - they have them in a brown & black, the cognac was new (this was about 3 weeks ago).

lithium180

Reaction score
I really like the look of the Barneys leather-punched medallion lace ups, which are on the page of their winter catalog with the Battistoni suit. I'll go get a look at them in person next time I'm in the city...

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
El Guappo,
The rubber part of the heel looks very much like Peluso.
I just bought a pair of Peluso for Barney's, and they are fantastic.
They are not glued, have a closed channel sole, and some hand stitching on the split toe.
Also, nice antiquing.
Oh, and really comfortable.
$60.00 shipped (NWOT on Ebay, after no one bid on the auction).
Again, the better made Peluso line is pretty kick ass if you can get them cheap.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads