• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you non-Ivy Leaguers feel inadequate?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Are you talking about the school (education) or the campus?

Jon.

Don't feed the troll.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bslo
Well, your original post wasn't exactly a model of clarity and seemed to be based more on emotion than logic (I could have sworn that I heard you grinding your teeth when you wrote it). So it would be helpful if you stated your claim precisely. Who knows, it might not be as ridiculous as some of the language in your first post made it seem.

This thread is to some extent about emotion. Should you feel inferior to ivy leaguers? The answer (in my opinion): no. I think the intelligence and "superiority" of their graduates is at best overrated and also highly subjective. As others have said-- most of us have a myriad of personal examples of people going to a state school and doing on par just as well if not better than ivy leaguers. Stop attacking my "clarity". I thank my personal god you are not my law school professor...
crazy.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Con disculpas.

Jon.

El gato de Ricardo...

You know the rest.

bslo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTGuy
This thread is to some extent about emotion. Should you feel inferior to ivy leaguers? The answer (in my opinion): no. I think the intelligence and "superiority" of their graduates is at best overrated and also highly subjective. As others have said-- most of us have a myriad of personal examples of people going to a state school and doing on par just as well if not better than ivy leaguers. Stop attacking my "clarity". I thank my personal god you are not my law school professor...
crazy.gif

Well, I was going to retort that I thank god you were/are not my student, but, having reconsidered, I accept your position. You intended to make a point (vague and unclear as it was) based on emotion and not logic or reason. You did that and it should be evaluated for what it is worth.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Well, I trying trying to cut you a break by suggesting that your post was written in the heat of passion. You still haven't precisely stated your claim.

Spare me your law professor bullshit buddy.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Another thread derailed by lawyers.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Well, I was going to state that I thank god you were/are not my student, but I accept your position. You intended to make a point (vague and unclear as it was) based on emotion and not logic or reason. You did that and it should be evaluated for what it is worth.

You must be a joy. The whole world is yours to review and critique. I am unsure if you even have a counter argument to my arguments at this point, so it appears you shift gears to attacking the "clarity" of my argument.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
If we wanna talk pretty campuses, let's talk about Pepperdine.

Georgetown, Colgate & Vassar are also gorgeous.

And, I.U. Bloomington:

trunion.jpg

campus_homepage.jpg

hper.jpg

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
worship.gif

IUB in the fall, right when the leaves are turning, is possibly one of the nicest campuses in the country.

Word.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brad
trunion.jpg

I remember this from the movie Breaking Away. Never been there, though.

stamp0102

Reaction score
I would have to say Bucknell is up there on the list of gorgeous campuses. And year round mind you...

Disclaimer: stamp0102 is a Bucknell Alum., sort of... (transfered to a much cheaper but not as visually appealling state school after 2 semesters, so it wasn't thatnice)

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I remember this from the movie Breaking Away. Never been there, though.

And the sernade in the front of the Tri Delt house:

deltahouse.jpg

The gals in this house are no friggin joke.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads