• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lunges: Pick your poison

BYucko

Reaction score
I do stationary lunges, because I don't know where I have the space in my gym to do walking lunges. Aren't they the same thing? *exercising muscles-wise* (I know the difference)

Walking lunges do seem pretty cool, though...

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BYucko
I do stationary lunges, because I don't know where I have the space in my gym to do walking lunges. Aren't they the same thing? *exercising muscles-wise* (I know the difference)

Walking lunges do seem pretty cool, though...

Walking lunges are popularised by this young Arlington cop called Ronnie.
After a grueling legs workout, he will load 2 20 Kg plate on a universal bar and walk up and down the carpark twice. Of course many scoffed at him. Sounds familiar here.

Years later and many Sandows won by this same cop, lunges or walking lunges is now a staple for many of the top bodybuilders in the world.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beasty, stop posting and save yourself time and the rest of us some brain cells.

Ronnie Coleman is on HGH, Test, and horse steroids (winstrol). Why the **** would you try to work out like him? He has such an exaggerated growth response that he can do almost anything and get massive.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Beasty, stop posting and save yourself time and the rest of us some brain cells.

Ronnie Coleman is on HGH, Test, and horse steroids (winstrol). Why the **** would you try to work out like him? He has such an exaggerated growth response that he can do almost anything and get massive.

What is your evidence Ronnie are on those things? If not, you are doing a great disservice to the sport, the man, his hardwork and his legion of fans.

I would also point out IFBB strenously drug test competitors in Mr Olympia and have stripped competitors who failed the tests even medalists. I would think Ronnie being repeated champ (on par with the great Lee) would be tested more vigorously since he was competiting and beating men younger than him.

Hence unless you have iron clad proof, an apology to Ronnie, IFBB and Ronnie's fans is in order.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty
What is your evidence Ronnie are on those things? If not, you are doing a great disservice to the sport, the man, his hardwork and his legion of fans.

I would also point out IFBB strenously drug test competitors in Mr Olympia and have stripped competitors who failed the tests even medalists. I would think Ronnie being repeated champ (on par with the great Lee) would be tested more vigorously since he was competiting and beating men younger than him.

Hence unless you have iron clad proof, an apology to Ronnie, IFBB and Ronnie's fans is in order.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

gvibes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Ronnie Coleman is on HGH, Test, and horse steroids (winstrol).
Even if true, it's highly likely that his competitors were also on HGH, test, and roids, yet Ronnie still managed to win 8 consecutive Mr. Olympias, meaning that Ronnie does something better than everyone else (or has better genetics than everyone else).

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gvibes
Even if true, it's highly likely that his competitors were also on HGH, test, and roids, yet Ronnie still managed to win 8 consecutive Mr. Olympias, meaning that Ronnie does something better than everyone else (or has better genetics than everyone else).
What kind of fucked up logic is that? Cheetahs run over 50mph, therefore if you want to run faster you need to get down on all fours and hunt gazelles.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
What kind of fucked up logic is that?

Cheetahs run over 50mph, therefore if you want to run faster you need to get down on all fours and hunt gazelles.

If doing that can make me as fast as a Cheetah and if doing lunges can make my quads as big as Ronnie's, I will do it.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gvibes

Yes. Indeed he does something better than everyone else.
He lifts heavier, longer, tougher.
He trains smarter, and more efficient.
He diets better, smarter.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by smw356
need video proof.
Okay, this isn't exactly what you requested, but it's still one of the funniest commercials I've ever seen.

And now can we either let this thread die or go back to discussing lunges? Why do so many of our weight-lifting threads morph into fights over who's using steroids?

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Why do so many of our weight-lifting threads morph into fights over who's using steroids?

Its very simple: jealousy.

Rather than putting in the effort to train balls to the balls to a vomit inducing state or train or rest or diet when the whole world is partying and pigging out, it is infinitely easier to disparage the efforts of others and post bitchy remarks on the internet instead.

If these people spend the same time doing the latter, in the gym instead, they will have an incremental increase in their physiques and more importantly they will have better mental psyches and be less bitter as well.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Okay, this isn't exactly what you requested, but it's still one of the funniest commercials I've ever seen.

And now can we either let this thread die or go back to discussing lunges? Why do so many of our weight-lifting threads morph into fights over who's using steroids?

It's not a fight...Ronnie Coleman isn't natural.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
It's not a fight...Ronnie Coleman isn't natural.

Oh really? so is he some Alien-human hybrid or animal-human hybrid.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads