• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Work Boots

blahblahblah22323

Reaction score
I'm in the market for some more boots. I was thinking of getting some Timbs at first, but they're a little too played out and I'd like something less common/higher quality. I looked online and found a lot of people (including here) dig Red Wings, so I was wondering if I could get y'alls opinion on what looks best.

http://www.redwingshoes.com/ProductR...ype=Soft%20Toe

Here's what I'm liking so far:

1421.jpg

926.jpg

406.jpg

Any input about quality too is much appreciated!

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
red wing quality is good. And 875 is the classic boot to start out with, which looks alot better than those you posted.

blahblahblah22323

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
red wing quality is good. And 875 is the classic boot to start out with, which looks alot better than those you posted.

Not a bad shoe, but I'm looking for a pair of work boots. Those are a little too upscale for me.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahblahblah22323
Not a bad shoe, but I'm looking for a pair of work boots. Those are a little too upscale for me.

I prefer logger style boots. Look at Georgia, Chippewa, and Carolina aswell. Though a lot of Carolinas are now made in China so get the domestic ones as they're called. Thorogood also makes a fine boot.

srgprod

Reaction score
I have the second boot in the photo in both Brown and Black. They are awesome boots. Very comfortable, well built and stylish. The picture doesnt do justice to these. Paid $ 124.00 per pair.

ApplesHK

Reaction score
Recently when having a pair of orthotics made for my shoes/boots, my podiatrist noticed my Timberland boots and asked me how I found them.
I replied I found them heavy, but comfy.

He said that they are poorly regarded as 'good' shoes in that they offer poor support etc.

An alternative please? I asked.

He had no hesitation; Red Wing are excellent shoes/boots offering good flexibility and support where it counts.

One opinion to be sure, but one I respect.

DouggiePhresh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnnyLaw
Check out this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=55475

Also, cultizm.com has an excellent selection of Red Wing models in stock. I recommend buying from them.

You would be a fool to purchase from anyone but the red wings store. I own several pairs (i work in the construction industry) and nothing beats bringing in your boots for a cleanup and new laces whenever you want to. They also properly size your boots. If you have one foot bigger than the other by at least a 1/2 size, they will give you 2 different size boots. the warranties are excellent also, but I believe that you have to purchase from the store to get them.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DouggiePhresh
You would be a fool to purchase from anyone but the red wings store. I own several pairs (i work in the construction industry) and nothing beats bringing in your boots for a cleanup and new laces whenever you want to. They also properly size your boots. If you have one foot bigger than the other by at least a 1/2 size, they will give you 2 different size boots. the warranties are excellent also, but I believe that you have to purchase from the store to get them.

This is great news. My left foot is an 11.5 D and my right foot is a 9.5 EE. Will the different sized boots look weird? My middle foot is also an 11.5 D.

crush

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
This is great news. My left foot is an 11.5 D and my right foot is a 9.5 EE. Will the different sized boots look weird? My middle foot is also an 11.5 D.

seemed more like a <5A, but we need an expert here. Socal?
devil.gif

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have a pair of timberland field boots and I don't find them extraordinarily comfy (fine unless on the move for long periods of time) but they are certainly well made... I've had them for 3 years and they just won't die (which is a pity because I don't really want to buy another pair of boots until I need to but I guess I'll have to, they just take abuse like champs) but I have been looking into getting a pair of Red Wings for my next boot, the ones I've tried on in store were very comfy

DouggiePhresh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
I have a pair of timberland field boots and I don't find them extraordinarily comfy (fine unless on the move for long periods of time) but they are certainly well made... I've had them for 3 years and they just won't die (which is a pity because I don't really want to buy another pair of boots until I need to but I guess I'll have to, they just take abuse like champs) but I have been looking into getting a pair of Red Wings for my next boot, the ones I've tried on in store were very comfy
Timberlands never lasted more than 6 months for me. Even when abused, a good pair of redwings will last you over a year (8-10 hour a day heavy use in sand, dirt, concrete, asphalt). Most of the time, more. But the key is you have to take care of them. This is a necessity ...
lp_8_framed.gif
http://www.obenaufs.com/product_info...58784de1d4cdae

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wupper
I like this one

4706.jpg

I like the aesthetic of those boots but hate the branding.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads