• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Washington, DC sales

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
FWIW, DSW on Old Georgetown Rd/Democracy in what is that, Bethesda?, has a number of differen Allen Edmonds. A couple split-toes, the Dryden, and some slip-ons, I think. The Drydens were 199 if memory serves. Many sizes.

Many sizes, because the guys that were in the store were passing by them and picking up the Stacey Adams and Ken Coles, etc. Ugh.

b

yeah, the DSW in Pentagon City has pretty much the same. Iirc, they had Hillcrests, Byrons, a number of the $200-250 retail loafers, and I think maybe Birminghams. But the price was 199-209, nothing great.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna check out FB in Rockville next week. I've seen the lukewarm reviews of it in this thread, so I'm hoping I get better luck. If it's slim pickings, I'll swing over to the Marshalls on the Pike.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gumercindo
I'm gonna check out FB in Rockville next week. I've seen the lukewarm reviews of it in this thread, so I'm hoping I get better luck. If it's slim pickings, I'll swing over to the Marshalls on the Pike.

You've been warned. I'll add some more: the entire suits/shirts/etc. area (dress clothes) is easily one quarter the size of the Mazza store. So even if they get something nicer in, there's no room for it because of all the cheap suits.

b

nash

Reaction score
Would anyone by any chance know where I would most likely be able to find suits in 36S? I've called around to a few places, even after they get new stock, but it seems like I can't find anything that fits.

LesterSnodgrass

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nash
Would anyone by any chance know where I would most likely be able to find suits in 36S? I've called around to a few places, even after they get new stock, but it seems like I can't find anything that fits.

Yesterday I saw a light grey 3 button Canali at Filene's Conn Ave. store in 36S -- for $999.

valejo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LesterSnodgrass
Yesterday I saw a light grey 3 button Canali at Filene's Conn Ave. store in 36S -- for $999.

I believe I've seen the same suit at the Conn Ave store, and it looked pretty store-worn if we're talking about the same suit.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LesterSnodgrass

Nice avatar!
worship.gif

tehbry

Reaction score
Stopped by Rack in Sterling. Didn't have a lot of stuff. A few Canali ties, suits, sportcoats.

New shipment coming March 18th

tehbry

Reaction score
Anybody get a chance to see Rack's new shipment?

noVA99

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tehbry
Anybody get a chance to see Rack's new shipment?

yeah would like to know as well...

Off 5th sent me their email only coupon thingy....20% off, today through Sunday...however last time I talked to the sales folks there, they said they are going to have a bigger event at the end of this month, so it might behoove you to hold off when that happens (am assuming at least 30% off)

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm headed to FB at Mazza today to check out the markdowns.

noVA99

Reaction score
Potomac Mills: after getting through the jam on 95 south from the Beltway to Hoodbridge, I checked out Nord Rack.....what a ******* waste of gas and my time....I didn't see jack **** that was "new arrival" with regard to suits, sprotsjackets, shirts, or ties or shoes. If you are a 42L, you are in Hickey heaven....lots of suits in your size but only a couple here and there with the 30% reduced sticker. Tie selection sucked. Shirt selection sucked. Shoe selection royally sucked. Suit/sportjacket selection is the same as a few weeks ago when I was there, with maybe a couple new items here and there. Overall: sucked!!!

Off 5th: mmmm, that hot Persian chick was working the men's section. Well I think she is more Indian or **** since I couldn't understand anything she was saying to her co-worker (I studied Farsi for several months and didn't recognize anything she said). 20% sale, open to the public, going on now. Suit selection sucked. no new items since I was there last time, a few weeks ago. Same old tie selection, shirt, pants, etc. Shoe selection was eh.

Marshalls: there ain't jack **** there, just suits that would be good donations to the local Salvation Army than worth paying for.

anyone have luck at the Leesburg outlets? Off 5th, Barneys, etc??

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noVA99
Potomac Mills:
Marshalls: there ain't jack **** there, just suits that would be good donations to the local Salvation Army than worth paying for.

??

Did they still have those green stripe Lorenzini shirts? They had a ton of them when I was there about a month ago but they were all $99

mayan50

Reaction score
now i'm interested, I speak persian. probably the only non-cia white american guy who does... i'll head down there, rocks don't stop me
smile.gif
)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads