• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen, Reliable at last?

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coachvu
Slower, by weeks to months.

yea, back in 2006/2007.

nowadays, it's about the same, if not FASTER than tailorstore (i've ordered from both).

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not good at measuring and I would like to mail in a shirt for him to copy. Good or bad idea?

daft

Reaction score
i agree with the sentiment that the sleeves are shorter than you would expect.

coachvu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree
yea, back in 2006/2007.

nowadays, it's about the same, if not FASTER than tailorstore (i've ordered from both).

That's true for some people, but not for all. I think tailorstore is much more consistent in their turnaround time.

tsg20

Reaction score
I had some formal shirts made by Jantzen when I visited Hong Kong a couple of years ago, and I'm planning on ordering some more casual ones for the summer. The one thing I've noticed is that a few of my shirts are much softer than the others, and I really like the feel of them; has anyone ordered recently and discovered any particularly soft fabrics? I have searched fairly extensively, but naturally most of what I found seems to be out of date.

Styk33

Reaction score
The last two shirts I received from Jantzen were within 4 weeks of ordering. I have been ordering one shirt a month until I get a shirt that represents what I want. So far the second shirt has been the closest to what I think is best (2" too short in body length). The last two shirts were almost perfect except had cuff diameters big enough for me to fit two hands in (literally). So I am hoping this next order (from March 1) will have the correct cuff diameter. I put a special note in the comments box regarding my cuffs from previous shirts being very large and remeasured my wrist size. I had my local tailor adjust the shirts, but I would prefer shirts that are at least close to what I call out Two weeks ago (4 days after I placed my last order), I received an email from Ricky letting me know all three of the fabrics I requested were out of stock. So I selected three more and he responded that those fabrics were in stock. I expect to see my shirt within the next two weeks. His turnaround time has been approximately 4 weeks. My previous orders where in Dec 2007 and Jan and Feb of 2008. All 4 weeks from order day to when I recieve my shirts. One interesting factoid. I was never charged for my December 2007 shirt. I have emailed Ricky several times about it, but have not received a response. After I get my next shirts I will send him a letter explaining the situation with a check in it. That will be my last offering in regards to the xmas present he gave me
wink.gif
Ricky is great for the pricepoint. GS, I really like that style of shirt. Think you could get Ricky to make that a pattern to callout on his website. Or should we refer to it as the getsmart style when ordering. I have been looking for a different style of casual shirt to wear with jeans.

bha

Reaction score
I got my last shirt in just over 2 weeks. Actually 3 weeks from the time I ordered, but I ordered the shirt during their New Years and they were closed all week.

Ricky emailed me a confirmation number the day he got back, and I got the shirt just over 2 weeks from that day.

I actually called one day to confirm what style of button he was putting on the shirt, and he said "we sent your shirt last Friday". I almost fell off my chair...

My first order (one shirt) is the best shirt I've ever owned. It fits better than stuff I've paid much more $ for.. I'm going to order more now for sure
smile.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Styk33
GS, I really like that style of shirt. Think you could get Ricky to make that a pattern to callout on his website. Or should we refer to it as the getsmart style when ordering. I have been looking for a different style of casual shirt to wear with jeans.

thanks, I've had quite a few requests/questions about getting that shirt. After I get my s/s versions I'll ask Ricky to give it a designated name that can be easily ordered with one's specs

rando

Reaction score
Hey GS,

Just curious, how much allowance (in inches) would you say you have for that shirt in the chest/waist. It seems like 2-3 inches at the most cause the fit is amazing.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rando
Hey GS,

Just curious, how much allowance (in inches) would you say you have for that shirt in the chest/waist. It seems like 2-3 inches at the most cause the fit is amazing.

I specified the final measurement I wanted to Ricky

and yes, 2" difference from chest/shirt. For me, 18" across the torso/stomach is just right.

My 2 s/s versions have already mailed supposedly, which would make this the fastest turnover yet since I just placed the order for them late last week!!!

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
18"?! Damn, I thought I was slim at 20.5".

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coachvu
That's true for some people, but not for all. I think tailorstore is much more consistent in their turnaround time.

au contraire my friend...look at all the recent "omg my shirt was sent already!" replies
smile.gif

rando

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I specified the final measurement I wanted to Ricky

and yes, 2" difference from chest/shirt. For me, 18" across the torso/stomach is just right.

My 2 s/s versions have already mailed supposedly, which would make this the fastest turnover yet since I just placed the order for them late last week!!!

does this limit movement at all? do pleats really help that much for allowing more movement on a slim shirt?

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered 3/4.
Delivered 3/19.

This was my second order. The first took forever to arrive, but fit me OK - I asked for the "form 4'-6'" sizing and it was still a little loose, and the sleeves were too short.

This shirt, I lengthened the sleeves just a bit and asked for "tight 2'-4'" sizing. What I got was billowy mall-sized shirt - much looser than my first one. They must have given me the standard fit. Its OK for $40 but still a disappointment....I'll give it one more try.

padronlover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by warlok1965
Ordered 3/4.
Delivered 3/19.

This was my second order. The first took forever to arrive, but fit me OK - I asked for the "form 4'-6'" sizing and it was still a little loose, and the sleeves were too short.

This shirt, I lengthened the sleeves just a bit and asked for "tight 2'-4'" sizing. What I got was billowy mall-sized shirt - much looser than my first one. They must have given me the standard fit. Its OK for $40 but still a disappointment....I'll give it one more try.

did u list ur body measurements or an already made shirt measurements?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads