• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Add to that, those damned dollar coins. I can't stand those things, I get them confused with quarters if I happen to have them.

Also, homework. Too much of it, but I guess at least I don't have work today so I can get it done.

JB

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Journeyman
+1. I've had this happen a couple of times over the past few years.
I would always be the one arranging things - and whenever we met up for a drink or for dinner, two of my friends would always say that they had a great time and that it was a great idea - and then neither of them would do anything. So I stopped doing anything, either, and I haven't seen them since.

What truly pisses me off is when this happens and then they get mad at you for not keeping in touch. What? I used to fly back to the west coast to visit for the holidays and friends would always want to get together but would require that I drive for hours to do so. I make all the phone calls. I arrange the plans. And you want me to drive the 2 hours round trip? I don't think so. When you can put out the effort for me, we'll see each other.

I actually have an old friend (known since the mid 80s) who has not talked to me in more than a decade because I cancelled plans for dinner when I decided I just really didn't want to make that late night dirve the night before I had to get on a plane to come back east. She just never got it.

b

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
What truly pisses me off is when this happens and then they get mad at you for not keeping in touch. What? I used to fly back to the west coast to visit for the holidays and friends would always want to get together but would require that I drive for hours to do so. I make all the phone calls. I arrange the plans. And you want me to drive the 2 hours round trip? I don't think so. When you can put out the effort for me, we'll see each other.

I actually have an old friend (known since the mid 80s) who has not talked to me in more than a decade because I cancelled plans for dinner when I decided I just really didn't want to make that late night dirve the night before I had to get on a plane to come back east. She just never got it.

b

+1 again.
One of the friends that I mentioned earlier was very upset with me, as I had agreed to come to a barbeque at his place and had earlier RSVPed that I would come. However, on the day of the BBQ, I called him again to advise that I couldn't come as my son had a terrible ear infection. He's never invited me over to his place again. Perhaps needless to day, he doesn't have kids...

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got invited to the dress rehearsal for Joshua Bell today but I'm stuck at work. I basically get to see him play for free (tickets are going for about $175 a pop).

Also I'm starting to get a cold...I must, must stop it.

Jon.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
I got invited to the dress rehearsal for Joshua Bell today but I'm stuck at work. I basically get to see him play for free (tickets are going for about $175 a pop).

Also I'm starting to get a cold...I must, must stop it.

Jon.

Bell is a great performer so I hope you get to see him. He's an Indiana guy.

Good luck beating the cold. The one I caught last week is finally getting better; one of the worse colds I've had in many years.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Uh, call in sick?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
missed last train back to paris. stuck in mitteleuropa. wet. grey. slightly more germanic.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Fat trolls who flag my Craigslist ads.

lost in va

Reaction score
This sore throat that's got so bad that I woke up every 30 min. for the 12 hrs I slept last night.

Every time I did so I felt as if I had to throw up because the pain was so bad.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Are you advertising for a threesome?

+1-3 additional people.
I guess some find it hard to believe that attractive people are actually looking for some nice, safe group fun.

Mandrake9072

Reaction score
My final exams being placed on the last day before break (happened last quarter too).

Can't I just catch a break?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man, where are all of these quarter system colleges? The only one I know of that uses quarters is Ohio State.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I went to an auction today and missed a complete set of Tiffany & Co. tortoise-shell toilet articles in a red leather case for only $350.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads