• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Whatever you say. According to any reasonable statistics, whether you look at last years numbers or this years projections, I have more than that.
OK- I'll be reasonable and give you 6 to 4.

I win Stolen Bases as noted, BA by a WIDE margin, and you win by a narrow margin on OBP and triples. The rest are a virtual tie, Hillary.

And you seem to have heavily relied on last year's statistics for a number of your players who had career years. Mine have been consistently at the same numbers for 3-5 years. (A couple had off years last year, actually, based on their past performance and should be expected to return to normal this year).

Injury chances are equal between Papi and Vlad (Vlad can DH too- It IS the American league). The rest are toss-up- you never know who's going to get hurt and who won't.

Laughable? Thats funny. My starting pitching rotation had more wins than yours, with only a tenth higher ERA, A whole collective point lower WHIP, a strikeout and a half more Ks per 9, and only two less quality starts last year, and one of my guys was Tim Lincecum who only played about half a year. Look it up...

Sounds like you overpaid for your pitching *****.
wins- 66 vs 69 BFD. IP virtually same. WHIP same. QS Same. K/P Slight edge to you.

Saves, Holds BIG edge for me.

Grand Totals 5-4 one way or the other on batting categories.

5-3 for me on pitching. OK- laughable comment was mean. I reject and denounce it.

Going into the convention 100 delegates ahead, waiting for the supers to cast their votes.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.

wins- 66 vs 69 BFD.

My "laughable" pitching staff wins.
IP virtually same.
Sorry, I added an extra person in my previous total, You are correct, I only had 3 more innings than you. But I had more.

WHIP same.
My starters have a 1.196 WHIP
Yours have a 1.226...

No, I had two less.

Win - Steve B's reach-squad

K/P Slight edge to you.
You 7.078 K/9
Me 8.41 k/9

Relief pitchers are extremely fickle. But even so -

you win Saves and holds... sure...

So who's pitching staff was better last year?

4 wins for me, and 3 for you.

Hardly as "laughable" as you'd like to believe.
We are playing H2H remember? At your insistance. It doesn't matter how many SV's you beat me by if I win more categories than you.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
All of the "wins" you claim above are statistically insignificant and within a margin of error, excepting K/9. That's why I called them even.

I win saves and holds by a wide margin and win 2-1.

Yes. And stats can change from week to week and ALL win and stat losses are combined.

Which means YOU will LOSE.

Badly.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yes. And stats can change from week to week and ALL win and stat losses are combined. Which means YOU will LOSE. Badly.
No, they are not combined, the categories are seperated by week. This is head to head... when I beat you in week 2, I get a WIN and you get a LOSS. Your next series , you start over from essentially 0. Your stats are not cumulative. You are the one who wanted to play H2H idiot... not roto - REMEMBER?
Originally Posted by Steve B can't add
Grand Totals 5-4 one way or the other on batting categories. 5-3 for me on pitching. OK- laughable comment was mean. I reject and denounce it.
I've already shown statistically that its more than possible that I beat you in pitching. As evenly matched as you admit we are in the batting categories, what makes you think I'm not going to F you up? Like I usually do? I mean, the season hasn't even started yet Steve.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Unless you've set it up differently, say I would beat you in Week 2 (a likely occurence), maybe 14-4 it's my understanding you would be most likely last in the standings and I would be first at a record of 14-4 with you 10 games back at 4-14. Everyone else who was 8-10, 10-8 etc would then distribute themselves behind that...

That's how it's normally played unless the commissioner is a dipshit.

Oh wait...

BTW I also win ERA by more than a run.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
BTW I also win ERA by more than a run.
3.67 to 3.59 is not more than a run Steve, that is a little more than a tenth of a run. As I stated previously Eventually, everyone will realize how full of **** you are... its just my job to make sure to point it out. I love how you've still never beaten me and yet take this attitude like its inevitable that you win. Maybe you'll get lucky. But even if it happens, its still 3-1 in favor of me lifetime. You have a long way to go to catch up with your mouth. I have nothing left to prove. I have dominated you at fantasy sports since the moment you opened your fat yap and decided to talk ****.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
---

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Never mind for now. Need to do math and taking kids to movies
Why don't you just skip it and let your game do the talking... if you have any.

as far as I'm concerned we are pretty much theoretically dead even, team-wise on a week to week basis, and as I stated before the season even started, a lot of the H2H matchups are going to come down to luck, not skill.

(which is why I prefer roto, as we've previously discussed)

I'm just frankly surprised that you still are able to talk so much trash about who I draft, when historically, you've proven yourself worse than me every time we compete. No doubt, you'll pull some excuse out about how you've always drafted after me, well, no more excuses this year Steve. The league is set up the way you wanted it, you drafted ahead of me, and I still think I have the better team, or at least one I feel has a very good chance of beating you head to head. You better start praying to whatever luck deity you believe in, wear your lucky socks, throw salt over your shoulder, whatever... you are gonna need it starting in week 2.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Why don't you just skip it and let your game do the talking... if you have any.
I will.

as far as I'm concerned we are pretty much theoretically dead even, team-wise on a week to week basis, and as I stated before the season even started, a lot of the H2H matchups are going to come down to luck, not skill.

(which is why I prefer roto, as we've previously discussed)
I agree teamwise.

I prefer H2H. We played roto last year- perhaps it's fair to alternate year to year, or create 2 leagues if there's enough interest.

I'm just frankly surprised that you still are able to talk so much trash about who I draft, when historically, you've proven yourself worse than me every time we compete.
It's easy- I'm better than you.

No doubt, you'll pull some excuse out about how you've always drafted after me, well, no more excuses this year Steve. The league is set up the way you wanted it, you drafted ahead of me, and I still think I have the better team, or at least one I feel has a very good chance of beating you head to head. You better start praying to whatever luck deity you believe in, wear your lucky socks, throw salt over your shoulder, whatever... you are gonna need it starting in week 2.
I'm happy with my team too. Couple of tweaks needed but nothing major. Much better than last year. As you can see, on a couple of important picks you went for hitting and I went for pitching.

Recall you won by one game last year because Carpenter went down and I accidentally dropped Saito.

I don't care who wins between us in Week 2 and Week 11 and Week 20... I'll finish ahead of you at the end of the season. Then you'll be whining "but, but I beat you when we played head to head". Won't matter- I win.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cpmac7
wow i cant believe i missed this draft...... well everyone one on my team is on the trading block, i ll still make the playoffs with this sorry team lol

A trade proposal sent your way...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Steve, enjoy that 7.06 ERA, no stolen bases, no saves, and only four runs on opening day! I will take my ****** BA and OBP, with the knowledge that i still got 8 runs, 10 hits, 2 doubles, 3 homers, 9 RBI, and 2 stolen bases out of a .196 BA and a .246 OBP. My average and OBP are only going to go up, along with the rest of my batting stats.

+ your pitching staff aside from Webb, looks horrible so far. I guess it can only get better from here, right?

I cannot WAIT to play you next week. AHAHAHAHahahaHAHha

Edit:
Francoeur snuck in another H, HR, R, and RBI for you with an overtime blast into the cheap seats. I bet you are ecstatic.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Out of the Gate, opening day rankings:

1. Durham Bulls (14-0) <-- Nearly Perfect!
2. The Tokyo Slam (12-1) <-- Me
3. Slim Is My ***** (12-3) <-- Steve's weak team.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If Steve B and I played this week, I'd currently be beating him 8-5, and he would be winning precisely zero pitching categories vs. me.

Just so everyone knows what a sad little man he is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads