• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does this work? Probably wear it with Rainbows

Theory shirt
Tailored Rusty shorts-hard to see, but they're pretty slim

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
iTunes Playing: Window by The Microphones from the record Window

aa x Dior x Paul Smith

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Return of the pinks?

Brutus

Reaction score
yesterday
APC3-13-08Sml.jpg

Guy Burgess

Reaction score
Damn, love that shirt-jac! I really should do an order with Jantzen soon, I just got put off by the delays and non processing of orders that a fair few people mentioned.

Also, Skinhead Moonstomp! I listened to that album for the first time in ages last week, so so good. It's funny that the one with longer hair looks so moody. Maybe it's because they all picked on him because he was different.

Brutus

Reaction score
The 2008 F1 season kicks off this weekend (!!!!!
bounce2.gif
!!!!!) and I'm kind of a fan so...
SC3-14-08Sml.jpg

Kimi/Ferrari T
SCs
JP

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
aa x Dior x Paul Smith
To my eyes: the pant fit through the leg is perfect as usual and the tee actually makes me want to reexamine my disdain for AA, and I even like your watch. But I can't say I'm buying the stacked light pants and undone (partially unlaced?) shoes thing, awesome as the shoes may be, it makes an otherwise clean look sort of messy, particularly when I imagine you moving around in it, no?

Just my 2 cents, and probably worth about as much.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rye: ******* nice. love how those diors fit you. thumbs up!!

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I actually like the messy look the loose paul smiths add. I've done it before with my boots and it looked kinda cool with certain outfits. I wish my monitor wasn't crap so i could see the pink better but it's probably for the best as i'd end up being jealous of them more.

longskate- The first outfit looks fine. Everything fits well and it's a good simple, albeit boring outfit. Nothing wrong with that, but there isn't much to comment on considering you have the fit pretty much down. As far as the second outfit, i'm not a big undershirt with dress shirt guy and the shirt fits ok. My monitor won't let me make out the shorts well (i'm assuming they're slim and navy), but you won't get a lot of love for rainbows here. Another option could be tan sperry topsiders (i think sperry calls it oatmeal) boat shoes. Just a thought since you asked. More knowledgeable/stylish people than me could give better insight.

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Getsmart:

Just wondering, would any other pattern work? I imagine it's harder to get like a gingham pattern to contrast at the hem vs horizantal/vertical stripes.

It looks really cool. Sorry if I'm a bit late on the whole shirtjac love

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vashin
Getsmart:

Just wondering, would any other pattern work? I imagine it's harder to get like a gingham pattern to contrast at the hem vs horizantal/vertical stripes.

It looks really cool. Sorry if I'm a bit late on the whole shirtjac love

Usually in a situation like that with gingham you'd cut it on the bias so the pattern is turned 45 degrees from the rest of the piece. It's common on the yoke and pockets of gingham western shirts, for example.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I actually like the messy look the loose paul smiths add. I've done it before with my boots and it looked kinda cool with certain outfits. I wish my monitor wasn't crap so i could see the pink better but it's probably for the best as i'd end up being jealous of them more.
Yeah, he's done it before with stacked dark jeans and pulled it off without a hitch. I think it's just the light colour of the pants that's throwing off my sensibilities. That and the fact that I scrolled down from the top and saw clean...clean...clean...nice fit... whoa, what happened there.

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rye can do no wrong

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
rye can do no wrong
Sorry, I don't mean to question Caesar (particularly not a Caesar whose laurels and togas fit consistently better than anything I own), but he has previously mentioned welcoming honest criticism, even from the plebian masses.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the fit on those Diors is spot on...maybe due to my height, but i could never quite get that kind of look with mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads