• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

zhouyu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by norcaltransplant
Paul Smith

3/13-3/14 Save up to 75 percent on men's and women's clothes and accessories at the Paul Smith sample sale. 76 Greene St., nr. Spring St. (646-613-3050); 3/13 and 3/14 (11-7); 3/15 (11-3).

****, too late for me.

**** is more hectic than the barney's warehouse sale

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn. NOTE that it is at 76 Greene, near spring. NOT at the main store just up the street.

I was wondering why there was nobody there.

akaidiot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fredfred
damn. NOTE that it is at 76 Greene, near spring. NOT at the main store just up the street.

I was wondering why there was nobody there.

I did the same thing. Luckily the iphone came to the rescue and notified me to walk two blocks south. Then the line to Broome street notified me to come back three hours later.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Honestly, the PS sale is not worth it IMO. Nothing good left. Unless you are looking for a clubbing belt or maybe some sort of hat. There were a few shirts left that seemed to be decent designs, but I wasn't in the market for one so I didn't take a closer look.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PS Sale: 1pm Saturday. Lots of people, but no line (yet). Lots of people inside and a bit chaotic.

Plenty of stuff there - it all depends on what you want, size, color, etc. Everything had been additionally marked down 1/2 off. I got a "full price" $175 shirt for $35.

There were a few coats that were "close but not quite" for me. If I read everything correctly the original price was $1,500 or so and with today's 1/2 off of the sale price it would have been at most $175.

The definitely want to get rid of everything.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to a bunch of stores yesterday, reporting a story (honest!)

Peter Elliot has a bunch of suits and sportcoats both uptown on Madison and at Peter Elliot Blue on Lex. Winter and spring weights, 50% or more. with discount, nice cashmere Kiton sport coats for 2K at Blue, for ex. Some Barena wool plaids with unfinished seams for about $400. Also Belvest, Cantarelli for Peter Elliot, etc.

Davide Cenci: nothing, but noted that their $200 Orian shirts are less than $30 at Daffy's, and in more exciting fabrics.

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have ties at this sale. I think they go for $85 or so, and there's a volume discount on 3 or 4 or so.

lawandorder360

Reaction score
Darn, won't be in town for the Hermes sale!

Anyone have the dates for the next sale?

akaidiot

Reaction score
The Freeman's Sporting Club "Yard Sale" (is a regular sale not masculine enough) has some good deals, but it's mobbed. A lot of their regularly overpriced shirts are half off (now $89 or so) and at that price they are actually worth it. Ties and suits are not on sale, but at $48 the ties are already a good deal. They had jackets and tshirts and other stuff, too.

Label: Freemans Sporting Club
Deal: Annual Yard Sale, with more than 40% off of all casual and outerwear; antiques, artwork and rare finds for sale, too
When/Where: Saturday, March 22nd through Tuesday, April 1st. Sat 11am"”7pm; Sun noon"”6pm; Mon"”Fri noon"”8pm. 8 Rivington St between Bowery and Chrystie St (212-673-3209).

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Syms downtown has some Ralph Lauren Purple Label and Black Label suits. The PL are $999 and the BL $699. Not the best prices in the world, but you can try them on in person. The BL were, if I remember correctly, a f/w sb peak lapel in grey and a more country style check. The PL was a chalk stripe. They had a number of sizes, maybe a dozen suits in total.

mas_cerveza

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dmax
Any reports from the Hermes sale?

I know it's over and all; but it was a reasonable sale, especially for an exclusive fashion house like Hermès. The line was not bad after the first day; maybe a 45 minute wait since they only let in around 15 people in at a time. However, unlike other sample sales, there was a plethora of wealthy-appearing people.

Examples of the prices:
Ties were $96 each with a limit of 10 ties per person.
Women's silk scarves were $213
Women's bags (canvas) were still moderately high
Fragrances and soap were a steal, averaging $20
The clothing; I forget because I was overwhelmed.
Belts and small leather goods were very pricey.

I think this is a one-year thing.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Syms downtown has some Ralph Lauren Purple Label and Black Label suits. The PL are $999 and the BL $699. Not the best prices in the world, but you can try them on in person. The BL were, if I remember correctly, a f/w sb peak lapel in grey and a more country style check. The PL was a chalk stripe. They had a number of sizes, maybe a dozen suits in total.

any 36 or 38's????

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads