• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shirts similar to BoO?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dnvl
I've actually found that J.Crew XS fits similarly to BoO 1 (S) ... I get a lot of these on sale.

I'm 5'9" and although the length is a tad longer than BoO, it still fits really well.

Just my $0.02.

no way is that true. jcrew is much wider than boo shirts, as well as longer. even in xs which is only found online.

dnvl

Reaction score
I don't know ... to each his own. I own a few S BoO shirts and XS J.Crew shirts ... I mean, I'm not implying they're exactly the same but it might be a good (much cheaper) alternative.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dnvl
I don't know ... to each his own. I own a few S BoO shirts and XS J.Crew shirts ... I mean, I'm not implying they're exactly the same but it might be a good (much cheaper) alternative.

the extra 2" you have on me is why the xs jcrew fits you so well probably. nothing off the rack from jcrew has ever fit me. except their sandals maybe

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That might be true if he's talking about B body shirts. No way in hell it's true for A body though.

converge

Reaction score
If you can find Gap "slim-fit" shirts in XS, they fit pretty well. They are most likely longer than BoO shirts but they're pretty slim in the body and arms. The slimmest OTR shirts I've found yet.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when is someone going to make the BoO-type fit at a $75 price range... someone has to do it, i'm sure they'll make alot

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
when is someone going to make the BoO-type fit at a $75 price range... someone has to do it, i'm sure they'll make alot

if you're patient, just have Jantzen make a custom one for $45

Ben Sherman's soho cut is better than BoO imo, and is priced at $79. unfortunately that cut has the fewest offerings each season.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I think i may just make the leap on a jantzen shirt soon. I'm a dress shirt noob so i still need to find out what shirt style i want (just something normal like the BoO or Dries shirts i've owned). Some of them seem overly formal or casual to me so i'm not sure.

I understand the soho cut is similar to BoO but what about the sizing. Would a small fit about the same as BoO small or would i need an XS (i hope not). Where are you finding them for $79, i can only find them online for more and in XL and bad patterns.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I understand the soho cut is similar to BoO but what about the sizing. Would a small fit about the same as BoO small or would i need an XS (i hope not). Where are you finding them for $79, i can only find them online for more and in XL and bad patterns.

It's sized the same IME. I wear Med in both, but in the BS mod fit I would wear a Small. I have a BS store locally. pricewise, maybe it was $89? but somewhere around there

converge

Reaction score
Ben Sherman's website now has extra-smalls. Though I've never seen them in stores.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh wow
i hope so
if i can get a boO fit at a gap price
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh wow
i hope so
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

You aren't kidding... I'd buy one in every color the day they came out!
smile.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score

I'll believe it when I see it. I wouldnt be surprised if the fit wasnt the same as BoO, but just an OCBD cut short at the hem with a fit closer to the Gap than BoO

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads