• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
+ a trillion

On a serious note however their absence has allowed SF to be quite readable the past few days. In threads were personal attacks would have normally broken out by now (like the Catholic Church thread on the CE forum); the discourse has been quite polite and adult. And while, yes there are of course disagreements, everyone has stayed inside the zone of proper etiquette and care. I dare say that SF is more viewable today than it has been since time immemorial.

Jon.

Did you actually write that on sheepskin vellum before typing it out?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I did not find that Ed or Connie made reading SF difficult or unpleasant. That has nothing to do with whether they should be on leave for some offense or another, but if people are keeping track of who thinks their absence has made SF a better place, don't count me.

You have to think of the amount of nonsense they perpetuate...and the fact that they do so in every sub-forum, every day of the week. And which leads others to post about it, and soon enough you have the mods sending PM's en masse regarding topics like teh **** (I wasn't included in the PM dear mods, but I did acquire a copy of it) and people being put on time out; and then getting extended time out because they cannot control themselves or their shenanigans.

Jon.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+ a trillion

On a serious note however their absence has allowed SF to be quite readable the past few days. In threads were personal attacks would have normally broken out by now (like the Catholic Church thread on the CE forum); the discourse has been quite polite and adult. And while, yes there are of course disagreements, everyone has stayed inside the zone of proper etiquette and care. I dare say that SF is more viewable today than it has been since time immemorial.

Jon.

On another serious note, on the weekends when you don't post on SF, the douchebag quotient takes a serious nosedive. Alas, I dare say that your return to posting invariably restores the high level of douchyness to the forum.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
On another serious note, on the weekends when you don't post on SF, the douchebag quotient takes a serious nosedive. Alas, I dare say that your return to posting invariably restores the high level of douchyness to the forum.

Simple thoughts written out by a simple man. Calling me such titles only projects on to you what you invariably are but fail to admit, your post that I am quoting being sufficient evidence. And while I admit I have in the past crossed the line, the two aforementioned posters have crossed more borders than the people of Switzerland.

What are the Christians so fond of saying? Oh, yes: let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Jon.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You have to think of the amount of nonsense they perpetuate...and the fact that they do so in every sub-forum, every day of the week. And which leads others to post about it, and soon enough you have the mods sending PM's en masse regarding topics like teh **** (I wasn't included in the PM dear mods, but I did acquire a copy of it) and people being put on time out; and then getting extended time out because they cannot control themselves or their shenanigans.

Oh the irony...
dozingoff.gif

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's so ironic about it? Please do tell.
hmmm... are you having a softy brain day?

You complaining about
- personal attacks (see above your response to EL)
- nonsense posting (see most of your posts)
- improper etiquette (see your Allah Uaqbar comment)
- PM sending (we all know, you know?)
etc...

is ironic

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203

You complaining about
etc...

is ironic

teacha.gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

You complaining about
etc...

is ironic

Signed, StyleForvm

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hmmm... not too bright?

You complaining about
etc...

is ironic

I retorted to him with a personal observation after he made a personal attack on me; as did you. As I have stated above I know I have crossed the line before, but at least unlike you, I can admit it. From your posts, you would seem think you are somehow above reproach (you aren't) and that you treat others far better than they treat you (you don't).

And if you are comparing my so-called "˜nonsense posts' (and because you don't understand them does not make them nonsense...but that's another topic altogether).

Regarding that particular comment I fully explained what I meant by it, some people understood and some didn't, ces't la vie...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain a position, especially when more than half the people participating on the thread understand exactly what I posted.

And I think you completely misread what I said regarding PM sending. I was not talking about conne or ed sending PM's, but rather the mods having to send PM's to several people regarding the exact same behavioral violation, something that we both know did not occur with any frequency, say 3 years ago...A time that you can recall but many of the people who quoted you but failed to do anything other than goosestep cannot.

Jon.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL - what does it have to do with me? I'm not complaining about anyone's behaviour, neither publicly here or by sending PMs to the mods. I'm not making any representations about me being beyond reproach, smart, polite or anything. You are the one complaining and schadenfreuding and I (along with others) can see the irony in your complaints

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[channelling hagannah]

Jon, go away.

[/channelling hagannah]

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
LOL - what does it have to do with me?

You responded, no? When I don't want to get involved in a thread I simply don't post in it (case in point: when is the last time you have seen a post by me in the streetware forum?).

I'm not complaining about anyone's behaviour, neither publicly here or by sending PMs to the mods.
By saying that my post was ironic you indeed did complain about my behavior.

I'm not making any representations about me being beyond reproach, smart, polite or anything.
By saying things like: "hmmm... not too bright" (which then you then disingenuously edited; but not to worry, since it was saved when I quoted it) you are in reality stating that you believe that you are more intelligent than I am.

You are the one complaining and schadenfreuding and I (along with others) can see the irony in your complaints
Again, if you reread my original post, you will see that I was merely commenting on my opinion of the current state of SF. As I see it, the forum has taken a turn for the better the last few days, and coincidently two members were also put on time out. I think the two are related, but it's not up to me to decide. I never mentioned that they should be banned or even that their time out should be extended. That is not for me to decide, and frankly I don't think J would care what I had to say regarding the topic one way or another.

Jon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads