• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, I'm confused. So Ed and Conne were given time outs? For how long? And what exactly did they do?

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
"(I never saw the comments made by Ed and Conne so I have no personal opinion on whether they in fact crossed any lines.)"

I can't make any argument effectively on a message board to someone who can't read.

You see no contradiction in expecting members to follow "established norms" but have no idea of what they are?

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by STYLESTUDENT
You see no contradiction in expecting members to follow "established norms" but have no idea of what they are?

I think LD is deferring to J's judgment here.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Well, counselor, please cite the established rules and norms that were violated. If you're not aware of them, I doubt that you can make this argument effectively.

"Gratitude" means that, if Ed has treated the members of this forum well, he should be treated well himself. But, as I said, the concept is not well known.

Steven

Merged into Trans Mod.

Let's put it this way: you're at your house having a party when one of your male acquaintances makes a lewd comment about one of your female friends or relatives, who is present. One of your other male guests (who brought a nice bottle of wine, by the way) mentions loudly how he would get his video camera if said lewd scenario were to happen.

So, you'd just blow it off, because he brought good wine?

Personally, I'd suggest he and the first guy might have had a bit much to drink and help them find their coats.

I think every male over the age of 12 or so should know established norms concerning lewd comments toward females who might hear or read them and who would be made uncomfortable. I don't think that is unreasonable.

Also, I'd like to point out that in forcing the issue you've obligated me to elaborate, which is probably making things harder on Ed. As I told him, I like him, and appreciate having him as a member, and know he was joking around, but I have to enforce rules and "non rule immediate judgment calls" or they mean nothing.

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Um... as far as the SF universe goes, J is kinda like god or something. He is omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent. Meaning while it may suck; it may in fact be wrong, but J is still right.

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J,

I have no intention of forcing the issue, requesting elaboration, or making things more difficult for anyone on this forum including Ed, Conne, or yourself.

Steven

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
J,

I have no intention of forcing the issue, requesting elaboration, or making things more difficult for anyone on this forum including Ed, Conne, or yourself.

Steven

Well, you've done so with your snide comments, and you've gotten your elaboration. I hope it's not too "kindergarten" for you that we try to keep our female members from being made to feel uncomfortable, with no preferential treatment based on the stature of the offending member. To put it in kindergarten terms, the popular kids have to follow the rules too.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I posted the original thread about "When is Ed coming back", in the B & S forum.

I did not ask why he was put on vacation nor did I care. The way I look at it, J has a tough job that someone has to do! What happened was not my business.

I was a bit sarcastic as I usually am, in that initial thread.

But to be quite clear. Ed is a good guy and a great seller with fabulous deals on super quality NWT items, that he generally offered here first, as I've often said. I think that he was a real asset to SF.

I hope that all of these issues become water under the bridge and Ed returns. I really hope that Ed doesn't get a resentment. Are you out there Ed?

Oh yes, and Conne too, while he may not be a quality seller, I don't want to see the lad drink himself to oblivion.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok. for the sake of transparency, how long are conne and ed given time out for?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Edit: ^^ to rnoldh

I agree, and I hope all the beating the subject to death doesn't make what Ed did look worse than it was. It was just a stupid, joking, pile-on comment that was inappropriate, he knows it and I'm sure won't do it again.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Ok. for the sake of transparency, how long are conne and ed given time out for?
Ed's is over, it was a week then I cut it to 3 days. Conne's was a week and I added 3 days when he made another account to avoid the ban. That boy don't learn.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Hilarious for Conne. After all those threads showing the omnipotent powers you have as a mod, I can't believe he thought he could get away by creating a new account. Bafoon.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
^^Hilarious for Conne. After all those threads showing the omnipotent powers you have as a mod, I can't believe he thought he could get away by creating a new account. Bafoon.

I dunno. I got all excited when I got a PM from new member JudJol997.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know if he was trying to be too slick. I mean, with a user name like "iLUVtinaTURNER" he had to figure someone would catch on.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh Conne, making another account to avoid the ban. Suck it up boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads