• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
I don't know what Conne is doing either.

My guess would be that he is drinking.

That's not such a bad way to get through detention. I do hope he's at least drinking quality stuff.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
where is the dumb threads forum?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
where is the dumb threads forum?

Its a sub, subforum.

Found under entertainment and culture, hilariously enough.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Its a sub, subforum.

Found under entertainment and culture, hilariously enough.

Filed under Entertainment more than Culture...

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Those aren't really females. Well, not all of them anyway.
laugh.gif

Yes, if it weren't for the teh **** ban (teh teh **** ban?) I would suggest that they have a different meaning for "female member".

RJbanned.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by STYLESTUDENT
He listed the Paul Stuart jackets first on Ebay rather than on this forum, which is not his habit. He'd probably have been better off listing them here first, as he does have a built-in audience.

While stuff may sell quicker and more reliably here, with a few exceptions, the prices he can get on eBay for most of his items are higher than on the B&S forum.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
While stuff may sell quicker and more reliably here, with a few exceptions, the prices he can get on eBay for most of his items are higher than on the B&S forum.

So what, doesn't he owe it to his SF buddies to sell his stuff for less here than on Ebay
smile.gif
devil.gif

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about the card case project? Should we wait for his return to deal with that?

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72

El,

Ed's starting price for the items he was selling here is the same as on Ebay. He adds $20 for a BIN now price, but he now has to pay Ebay's commissions. For example, I bought the brown Kiton pants here for $279. The gray ones started at $279 on EBay with a BIN now of $299.00. The Paul Stuart jackets, which were not listed on the B&S forum, start at $249 with a $299 BIN.

I am frankly astonished that a forum participant who is lauded as the "Quality Seller" one day is "disciplined" as if he were in preschool the next. But gratitude is more frequently found in Harlequin novels than in the deliberations of moderators.

Steven

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

I am frankly astonished that a forum participant who is lauded as the "Quality Seller" one day is "disciplined" as if he were in preschool the next. But gratitude is more frequently found in Harlequin novels than in the deliberations of moderators.

Expecting people to follow rules and adhere to established norms of behavior is a "preschool" concept? (I never saw the comments made by Ed and Conne so I have no personal opinion on whether they in fact crossed any lines.) I'm not sure what "gratitude" is supposed to have to do with anything. I've bought multiple items of Ed and I like him a lot, but the petulance and lack of sense exhibited by your comments are the only things evocative of preschool that I see in this situation.

I've never read a Harlequin novel, so I'll defer to your expertise on that point.

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Expecting people to follow rules and adhere to established norms of behavior is a "preschool" concept? (I never saw the comments made by Ed and Conne so I have no personal opinion on whether they in fact crossed any lines.) I'm not sure what "gratitude" is supposed to have to do with anything. I've bought multiple items of Ed and I like him a lot, but the petulance and lack of sense exhibited by your comments are the only things evocative of preschool that I see in this situation.

I've never read a Harlequin novel, so I'll defer to your expertise on that point.

Well, counselor, please cite the established rules and norms that were violated. If you're not aware of them, I doubt that you can make this argument effectively.

"Gratitude" means that, if Ed has treated the members of this forum well, he should be treated well himself. But, as I said, the concept is not well known.

Steven

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
El,

Ed's starting price for the items he was selling here is the same as on Ebay. He adds $20 for a BIN now price, but he now has to pay Ebay's commissions. For example, I bought the brown Kiton pants here for $279. The gray ones started at $279 on EBay with a BIN now of $299.00. The Paul Stuart jackets, which were not listed on the B&S forum, start at $249 with a $299 BIN.

Steven

Wow. Yes, I should be grateful to posters and just let it go when they make comments that are totally out of line, because they have a good selling reputation. Maybe you should be astonished that the Quality Seller would do something that would warrant being disciplined. After all, everyone knows how arbitrary and whimsical my decisions are here, and how much I love having to play fun police, especially with established members.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Well, counselor, please cite the established rules and norms that were violated. If you're not aware of them, I doubt that you can make this argument effectively.

"(I never saw the comments made by Ed and Conne so I have no personal opinion on whether they in fact crossed any lines.)"

I can't make any argument effectively on a message board to someone who can't read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads