• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

your height?

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by California Dreamer
Around 5' 10". I always hated being my height, because I was always the shortest guy on my basketball team.

Really, you are that tall? From your pics it always looks like you door knob is eye level so I thought you were like 4'10"
laugh.gif

tehbry

Reaction score
5'8.5" in the morning - shorter side of the average I'd say.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is kinda cool - the poll shows just about a perfect bell curve stdev
laugh.gif

Buddy Love

Reaction score
189 cm. Girls love tall men, since in some way it indicates our genetic superiority. If you are short, you need to get rich.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Buddy Love
189 cm. Girls love tall men, since in some way it indicates our genetic superiority. If you are short, you need to get rich.

I think it's difficult to predict what a woman will actually find attractive in a man. I have no doubt that, when asked, most will prefer men that are taller. But, in practice, it seems women often find themselves attracted to men for surprising or intangible reasons. Afterall, there are plenty of unwealthy, ugly men out there with attractive girlfriends or wives.

For example, I have absolutely no clue why my fiancee is attracted to me. I'd like to believe it's sheer animal magnetism at work, but somehow I doubt that.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whenever anywhere in the world such a statement is made, an alert is sent and the standard reply issued:
No. The idea that men aren't at much of a disadvantage with women if they are physically unattractive and not wealthy (or likely to become wealthy) is false. Whether the false claim is based on making people feel better or not being good at judging present or past physical attractiveness or even having non-standard tastes, it's still a false claim.

On the bright side (for shorter males) is that height isn't very strongly linked to physical attractiveness. For example, the typical woman would choose a man of average or maybe slightly below-average height over a tall man if the latter is skinny and has the less attractive face.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I think it's difficult to predict what a woman will actually find attractive in a man. I have no doubt that, when asked, most will prefer men that are taller. But, in practice, it seems women often find themselves attracted to men for surprising or intangible reasons. Afterall, there are plenty of unwealthy, ugly men out there with attractive girlfriends or wives.

For example, I have absolutely no clue why my fiancee is attracted to me. I'd like to believe it's sheer animal magnetism at work, but somehow I doubt that.

My hideous ears are burning.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan

Whatever, Shorty.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant
Whenever anywhere in the world such a statement is made, an alert is sent and the standard reply issued:
No. The idea that men aren't at much of a disadvantage with women if they are physically unattractive and not wealthy (or likely to become wealthy) is false. Whether the false claim is based on making people feel better or not being good at judging present or past physical attractiveness or even having non-standard tastes, it's still a false claim.

On the bright side (for shorter males) is that height isn't very strongly linked to physical attractiveness. For example, the typical woman would choose a man of average or maybe slightly below-average height over a tall man if the latter is skinny and has the less attractive face.

Do people actually pay you for this kind of insight? I'd think that a man with the spine necessary to enter a room with dignity despite his appearance would be the most likely to get a good woman and the least likely to need you.

Originally Posted by HomerJ
My hideous ears are burning.

Look at me. There's always hope.

Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Whatever, Shorty.

Whatever, dude. I'm all set.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads