• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

parisvegas on ebay

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
???

A few notable eBay sellers (other than the SF regulars, of course) have also started threads regarding feedbacks they get from members. Last time I checked, everyone seemed amicable and the discussions did not went down the gutter.

I assume he's just making a joke about the aphorism "the road to hell is paved with good intention."

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've bought some good stuff from parisvegas.

One mistake however was a cardigan that was for a woman, not a man.

Didn't return because it was cheap but the reason parisvegas prices are low is the yard-sale style of operation.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kevin, welcome! A good percentage of my dress shirts came from you, and I'm more than happy with them! I like the style of your auctions. Cheap prices, a mix bag of good/medium/mediocre clothing and photos. It's like an online thrift store,and I love thrifting! Def. keep things the way they are. Your starting prices are what attracts people to your auctions! I do have one question, and I know many others here have the same: Where exactly do you get your merchandise? I have no intentions to swoop down on your spots and put you out of business! I live in Minnesota, anyhow. I'm just curious as to where the shirts I buy originally come from. It's also ok if you want to keep it secret, I just thought I'd try asking.
smile.gif
Keep up the good work!

Stereojeff

Reaction score
I've probably purchased 20 items from Kevin over the years. One Zegna dark brown shirt was showing white from wear on the collar points. I sent one email describing the situation. Kevin asked me to retrurn the shirt. I did. After I week I sent a second email asking for the status of the return and had my refund the next day.

As I try to cut back on my Ebay habit, Parisvegas is one of the few sites I monitor every week.

Jeff

nsoltz

Reaction score
I scored an amazing Oxxford jacket from Kevin a few weeks ago. Appears to be only a season or two old and is flawless. It sat for a while and he even had to reduce the price.

While it might work to my disadvantage, if I were Kevin, I would work on a slightly different business model-- for example Parisvegas and Parisvegas_Couture.

Take the best items, photography them like AHarris and others here and then command higher prices.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to enjoy the great bargains!

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nsoltz
I scored an amazing Oxxford jacket from Kevin a few weeks ago. Appears to be only a season or two old and is flawless. It sat for a while and he even had to reduce the price.

While it might work to my disadvantage, if I were Kevin, I would work on a slightly different business model-- for example Parisvegas and Parisvegas_Couture.

Take the best items, photography them like AHarris and others here and then command higher prices.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to enjoy the great bargains!

The thing that seperates Kevin from every other eBay seller is he seems to list the items simply for the fun of the bidder. This makes it better for both him and us. Every other eBay seller wants to get $600 for, say an Oxxford blazer. Kevin puts it at a good price and lets the buyer decide what it's worth, which is ultimately what eBay is about.

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling, although I may be wrong, that he made this thread with the sole intent to create more interest in his 401 new items on Ebay.

parisvegas

Reaction score
i think the says goes: "the road to hell is paved with good deeds"

as far as to where i get my stuff.. everywhere!! as i got bigger i was able to put out more money and buy in bulk.. I started with the thrift stores.. 99-2000 these were the days when u could walk into a salvation army or goodwill and buy shirts for 50 cents.. and you could find entire wardrobes.. walk out spending 10$ and turn it into $500+ on ebay.. they got smart.. shirts/pants/jackets.. they are no less then 5-10$ each there now.. at least thats here in vegas.. plus we have only 10~ish stores that are even big enough to shop. goodwill is hurting, the last few years they have closed a few of there locations.. I stop in them from time to time.. ties are pretty good.. they keep them at $2 and either a tie is mint or its trashed.. there is no in between. and u can sometimes find whole collections.. like 20 hermes ties or whatnot.. it happens.. Hotels.. no.. my used stuff comes in bulk from wholesellers.. connections i have found over time.. i have even used www.surplus.net a few times.. i used to fear telling people where i got my stuff.. as they would do the same.. i had a few friends try on me... GOOD LUCK.. if u hold a full time job and list 400 items a week.. even 200 a week.. u wont have time.. plus there are so many designers out there you have to know what you are doing and what sells... can this be taught? a armani shirt size 14.5 X 32 is worthless on ebay.. yet a kiton shirt 14.5 X 32 will get you $$.. thats where research and trial and error comes in.. i have done this a long time.. plus.. i have learned.. when u deal with used stuff.. you are less common to come across fakes.. i look at ebay and see some of these knock off labels and wonder what in the world. how do they get away with this..

If i could sell my business... "parisvegas" and still do this as a hobby it would be the dream.. but how do u sell a business that you never know what you are going to get.. every month its a new adventure..

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mishon
I have a feeling, although I may be wrong, that he made this thread with the sole intent to create more interest in his 401 new items on Ebay.

I don't have access to Kevin's hit counters, but I'd bet parisvegas is already one of the traffic-generating leaders on eBay, at least in premium/designer clothing. He doesn't need to start this thread just to draw more interest. FWIW, 401 items a week is about the usual pace, he has put up ~3000 listings in a day before.

Originally Posted by Nataku
Kevin, welcome! A good percentage of my dress shirts came from you, and I'm more than happy with them! I like the style of your auctions. Cheap prices, a mix bag of good/medium/mediocre clothing and photos. It's like an online thrift store,and I love thrifting! Def. keep things the way they are. Your starting prices are what attracts people to your auctions!

I do have one question, and I know many others here have the same: Where exactly do you get your merchandise? I have no intentions to swoop down on your spots and put you out of business! I live in Minnesota, anyhow. I'm just curious as to where the shirts I buy originally come from. It's also ok if you want to keep it secret, I just thought I'd try asking.
smile.gif

Another poster who did not bother to read the first page, or even the OP. Nice.
confused.gif

parisvegas

Reaction score
Nataku you hit it on the nail.. isnt that what ebay was started as? my friend buys off ebay.. he got a catalog in the mail from ebay that totally deceives you into thinking u can get on ebay.. buy a pair of new diesel jeans for 4.99 and life is great.. like u are buying from neimans directly.. i have tried on a million pairs of diesel jeans and even though i am a 33 X 32.. none of them has fit me right.. sure they fit me.. but not the way i want them to fit... they are cut so weird.. how do u describe this in a auction? a huge portion of my stuff is things that men have bought.. and oops.. got thrown in the washer.. so now instead of being that nice XL that fit you in the store its a Large.. fine clothing is really weak.. so i list it as a large.. guy gets it.. says the tag is XL.. u lied etc.. yet it shrunk.. u try to be honest as you can.. u throw in the volume.. the time spent doing this.. the consumer demands alot.. the only thing i can do to solve this is offer refunds.. try and find the happy medium.

as for the question about shipping to other countries.. early last year.. 15 packages a month the buyers would just say they never got them.. to track the items it cost 20$+ so no one will pay for it.. paypal.. u lose everytime if u dont track.. to return the item if it doesnt fit turns into a mess.. overall i lost money.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by parisvegas
Nataku you hit it on the nail.. isnt that what ebay was started as? my friend buys off ebay.. he got a catalog in the mail from ebay that totally deceives you into thinking u can get on ebay.. buy a pair of new diesel jeans for 4.99 and life is great.. like u are buying from neimans directly.. i have tried on a million pairs of diesel jeans and even though i am a 33 X 32.. none of them has fit me right.. sure they fit me.. but not the way i want them to fit... they are cut so weird.. how do u describe this in a auction? a huge portion of my stuff is things that men have bought.. and oops.. got thrown in the washer.. so now instead of being that nice XL that fit you in the store its a Large.. fine clothing is really weak.. so i list it as a large.. guy gets it.. says the tag is XL.. u lied etc.. yet it shrunk.. u try to be honest as you can.. u throw in the volume.. the time spent doing this.. the consumer demands alot.. the only thing i can do to solve this is offer refunds.. try and find the happy medium.

as for the question about shipping to other countries.. early last year.. 15 packages a month the buyers would just say they never got them.. to track the items it cost 20$+ so no one will pay for it.. paypal.. u lose everytime if u dont track.. to return the item if it doesnt fit turns into a mess.. overall i lost money.

I hear you on the intl. shipping. I too sell on eBay and am getting fed up with it.

padronlover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ive had positive buying experiences with parisvegas. it's a gamble...since there aren't extensive pictures or actual measurements. but i love him and i would definitely sleep with him.

lbcgav

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
I assume he's just making a joke about the aphorism "the road to hell is paved with good intention."

Precisely. No gutter talk here.

parisvegas

Reaction score
sleeping with me.. well.. i did take some profits and drop alot on a Chattam & Wells bed.. got it off craigslist... 4300$ cal king bed in a guestroom.. brand new.. scored for $900. its worth 4300!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads