• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
On a sad note, I got a letter from Loro Piana saying there will be no Spring sample sale this year.
frown.gif

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
On a sad note, I got a letter from Loro Piana saying there will be no Spring sample sale this year.
frown.gif

Sounds like you recived a letter anouncing death
tounge.gif
Are you a true adict ? Speed I like cashmere as much as the nextman ...

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
Sounds like you recived a letter anouncing death
tounge.gif

Are you a true adict ?

Speed
I like cashmere as much as the nextman ...

I admit their outwear is addictive. I especially love a cashmere Horsey Jackets and a cashmere lined cognac leather Icer Coat that I have.

negusnegas

Reaction score
Unis on Elizabeth street is having a pretty amazing sale...Saw plenty of stuff at incredible prices (70%) and they also had next Fall's samples on sale below wholesale. They had great raw denim($40-50), denim in several colors, outerwear($150-300) and casual shirts($50-70) ala steven alan and band of outsiders. Definitely worth checking out if you're in the area.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone going to the Pratesi sale tomorrow (thru Tue.)? I bought a set from the last sale, it's amazingly soft, silky smooth, light and buttery with a radiant glowing sheen. I especially love it during summer, it feels like 5 degrees cooler. I have a Frette set, there's no comparison, it makes Frette feel like sandpaper.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
I stopped in on Sunday b/c I was on the block. Unfortunately nothing in Full size. They had a lot of nice stuff, but prices are still very very high.
What did the prices look like?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
What did the prices look like?

I was there on Sunday. Crazy prices and all over the place. Sets at $1200 down from $1800. Honestly, I found most of the stuff pretty ugly.

Couple of nice cashmere blankets down from $4000 to $1400, so I guess that was a bit of a deal but a $1400 blanket I don't need.

lefty

billiebob

Reaction score
Pratesi had a few queen sheet sets still in stock in the very basic "hotel" fabric for $355-500. Nicer sheets were 800-1400. Prices seemed high to me and selection was poor.

Anyone going to Ralph Lauren Home tomorrow afternoon at the Altman building?

Have there been sheet sets at the previous sales? I need a set of sheets cheap. No rough Frette "Hotel collection" for $250 either.

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by billiebob

Anyone going to Ralph Lauren Home tomorrow afternoon at the Altman building?

Have there been sheet sets at the previous sales? I need a set of sheets cheap. No rough Frette "Hotel collection" for $250 either.

Did anybody go to this? Reports?

Thanks,
Dan

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paul Smith

3/13-3/14 Save up to 75 percent on men's and women's clothes and accessories at the Paul Smith sample sale. 76 Greene St., nr. Spring St. (646-613-3050); 3/13 and 3/14 (11-7); 3/15 (11-3).

****, too late for me.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amirrorcrackd
Did anybody go to this? Reports?

Thanks,
Dan

I went at lunch today, and picked up the dumbbell shaker which is in B&S. They had some absolutely beautiful furniture at painfully high prices, and a lot of crap like damaged picture frames and chipped vases. This was the first time I'd gone. No cufflinks to be seen. They had a cool vintage Hamilton watch, but it wasn't running and was still $300. Pass. There were two interesting old bespoke sportcoats tagged Ralph Lauren Vintage for $50 each.

They also had a bunch of nice art books for $5 each.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For future reference, I went to the Pratesi sale during the final hours, everything was additional 10-30% off. I picked up another set, once I slept in one there's no going back.

billiebob

Reaction score
Which set? Not the hotel collection but one of the $1000+ sets? Thread count?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads