• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mods, can we have a watch subforum?

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got banned
frown.gif
from that big watch site for asking a simple, but somewhat critical, question. I've been hanging over the TZ-UK forum, land of the Banneds.

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26691

But Alas, this place is home now so it'd be nice to have a sub forum here where I can discuss watches openly with other people.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
hmm - dont think there is a big enough volume of watch posts to justify its own sub forum.

No objection to the sticky idea, but there are already a lot of stickies in mens clothing.

How about I move it to Fine Living (which is kinda appropriate) instead of MC, and sticky it there? Fair?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coho
I just got banned
frown.gif
from that big watch site for asking a simple, but somewhat critical, question. I've been hanging over the TZ-UK forum, land of the Banneds.

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26691

But Alas, this place is home now so it'd be nice to have a sub forum here where I can discuss watches openly with other people.

rolleyes.gif

Are you seriously jockeying for the opening of a new subforum just for your pleasure? Man, I want a place specifically for "Watch and Weight Lifting Aficionados" to hang out as well; can I have that too?

FWIW, the idea has been briefly discussed here.

m@t, I think it's fine as is. Not enough people visit the Fine Living forum on a regular basis to justify a move; the newbies are going to start new threads anyway.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
rolleyes.gif

Are you seriously jockeying for the opening of a new subforum just for your pleasure? Man, I want a place specifically for "Watch and Weight Lifting Aficionados" to hang out as well; can I have that too?

FWIW, the idea has been briefly discussed here.

m@t, I think it's fine as is. Not enough people visit the Fine Living forum on a regular basis to justify a move; the newbies are going to start new threads anyway.

+1.

I was hard enough to get J to open the Lifestyle sub-forum, and it encompasses quite a few subjects (including watches).

Jon.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Why not just sticky Greg's Watch Appreciation thread?

He got butt hurt when we talked about watches we didn't own.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
He got butt hurt when we talked about watches we didn't own.
rolleyes.gif

I can't really control what goes on in the thread but I sometimes take the liberty to remind posters of its original intent (i.e. watch pr0n pics). Of course it derails from time to time and that's perfectly fine

There have been several threads that popped up on different watch topics and they are clearly more effective in addressing the particular question (e.g. your watch choice polls) than just cramming everything watch related into one thread. That's just my opinion of course.

IMO, we don't need a watch subforum with the current volume of watch-related thread. I think watches belong in MC (or S&D for more sporty watches I guess). Just like we don't need a shoes or ties subforum

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
ok, that's basically a resounding no from the watch boys on my idea, as well as from the p0rnmast3r himself...so keep it as is then.

Thanks for your contributions.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've thought of it a few times, and I realize there's not a ton of traffic on watch threads right now, but as a subforum of MC (or FL if appropriate, whatever) it might encourage more watch discussion which is totally fine by me.

I've noticed that if there's any interest in a specific subject (e.g. watches, not "dumb threads") then opening a space for discussion of that tends to allow the interest to expand into its new space... hence this entire forum, the SW&D subforum (once a derided idea), etc. Obviously we don't want to have a zilliion subforums, because that tends to stifle discussion, but something like that would make a good one IMO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads