• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

parisvegas on ebay

parisvegas

Reaction score
Hello everyone!!

i am parisvegas that sells on ebay.. wow.. after reading some of this stuff.. i donno what to think.. since i started ebay in 98? i guess the way u guys describe me as one big yardsale.. sometimes a good stop.. sometimes not. the hardest thing about selling used clothes is what one views as "mint" or "in excellent condition" (is a lexus with 450 miles still a NEW car? at what point does it become used? 10 miles? 100miles?) then... to top that off.. listing 400+ items a week by yourself, shipping, acquiring the items,, etc,, its HARD WORK.. as i write this i have 43,510 Feedback received and only 78 total negatives.. Lets put this in everyday terms.. u think if 43k people ate at mcdonalds, or flew delta airlines, only 78 people would be unhappy? i think its alot more.. sure there are prob some pitty positives the "thank you for trying" type.. but overall.. i really do try to aim to please.. bottom line... i am selling used stuff at used prices.. things get by me.. sure.. small holes etc.. i do this at high volume and its just me and family/friends that do this. i do read though.. no one has said "parisvegas rips people off etc.." i always refund when not happy.. some of you guys have got to give me some credit.. you have gotten some really nice clothes (sure u needed to iron) at really great prices.. i put myself in your shoes.. you have to pay 7.50 for shipping for one item.. its just life and it keeps going up.. so even though i might sell a shirt for 8-10$ you are paying 15-20$ for this shirt.. after fees, and fees, and more fee's i only see a little number..

i just want it to be fun for you guys.. to "get a deal"

i will spend more time this year on making sure the things that i have read on these forums doesn't get past me.. holes, stains.. etc.. its just the nature of doing high volume.. i can only imagine the people that sell used cd's/dvd's on ebay.. with little scratches on the back.. then shipping them first class.. they way the post office treats items.. they must get hammered on their feedbacks..

when u sell 10 items a week.. ebay is fun.. when u sell 400.. wow its WORK! but no excuse.. its your money and you should be happy with what you pay for!

my intentions are good..
smile.gif

kevin.. parisvegas

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey there....

Don't be too offended with what anyone says...Just do like you said you're going to do. Take the useful criticism and work with it. That said, it's a pretty big thing to miss holes/stains...

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Welcome!

Stick around this forum and you'll learn a lot.

One question that has come up is, where do you get your items if you can say.

Some people think you get them at thrifts and others think that you get them from the lost and founds of hotels.

Karo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
... others think that you get them from the lost and founds of hotels.

crackup[1].gif

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
One question that has come up is, where do you get your items if you can say.
Now why would he tell us that??

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome Kevin. I do buy from you and appreciate your items! Excellent prices, and please keep em that way!

Regards.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a former new car salesman I can tell you that technically, a car is new as long as it hasn't been registered. So a car driven by the salesman, no matter how many miles he puts on it is still new. It will go on record that the person who bought it is the original owner, despite mileage.

With clothing it is very different, there is no odometer on a pair of trousers so useage will be defined by visible wear, holes, stains, etc.

That is why I think it is imperative to inspect every garment you sell, especially if you are doing template style listings & use a condition scale. I mean, you're taking pics of it anyway, why not give it a good once over?

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've bought a few items from parisvegas before and have been satisfied. I think anytime you buy from ebay, it can be hit or miss, especially when buying used items.

eighteennine

Reaction score
Hi Kevin,

It's a pity you don't ship to Europe. I regularly find items I'm interested in, but can't order because of your shipping restriction. Any plans on changing that?

Apart from that, well done and good luck in the future.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a really cool Agnes B. long-sleeved T-shirt from you that I'm very happy with... keep up the good work!

brozek

Reaction score
I got a cashmere sweater that was in excellent condition last month, which I'm really happy with. Unfortunately, I also bought a tweed sportcoat described as being in "excellent condition" that actually had numerous, very prominent moth-holes. There was zero response to multiple messages about it. I almost bid on a Paul Stuart shirt last night, but I'm glad I noticed you were the seller before I submitted it.

lbcgav

Reaction score
Originally Posted by parisvegas
Hello everyone!!

my intentions are good..
smile.gif

kevin.. parisvegas

You do know what they say about the road to hell, don't you?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lbcgav
You do know what they say about the road to hell, don't you?
???

A few notable eBay sellers (other than the SF regulars, of course) have also started threads regarding feedbacks they get from members. Last time I checked, everyone seemed amicable and the discussions did not went down the gutter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads