• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suit shoulder fit

T900

Reaction score
hi

should your side deltoid touch your sleeve (at the point where your sleeve attached to the shoulder)?

thanks

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This sounds like a question for the body consciousness forum. When I have deltoids, they usually clear up if I significantly increase my fiber intake.

billiebob

Reaction score
I prefer the shoulder of the suit to be the widest point, not my arm behind the fabric as you describe. If your arm and the shoulder pad create a noticeable angle, the suit doesn't fit.

Anyone have a fix for this?

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think it's okay as long as the fabric is not taut or bulging out past the shoulder seam.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
This sounds like a question for the body consciousness forum. When I have deltoids, they usually clear up if I significantly increase my fiber intake.
I hope I'm simply not getting your humour.

Deltoid = shoulder muscle. Sounds to me like you're referring to hemorrhoids.

JamesT

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
I hope I'm simply not getting your humour.

You are correct. If you pose a question here, chances are that %50 or more of the answers to the question you posed will be answers that are between %75 and %100 sarcastic and %25 to %0 serious.

The other %50 of the answers to the questions you posed that I did not mention in the first paragraph will be %75 to %100 serious and %25 to %0 sarcastic.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
I hope I'm simply not getting your humour. Deltoid = shoulder muscle. Sounds to me like you're referring to hemorrhoids.
Yeeeeeah, that was a joke. I thought I'd bump your thread before no one answered it. And I wasn't so sure what you meant by deltoid. Your shoulder muscles should not cause rippling or wrinkling in the top outer sleeve. If you have big pipes (I mean muscles in your arms), esp. rel. to your chest width, you should be careful if you are buying jackets that fit tight in the chest and body.

penguin vic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JamesT
You are correct. If you pose a question here, chances are that %50 or more of the answers to the question you posed will be answers that are between %75 and %100 sarcastic and %25 to %0 serious.

The other %50 of the answers to the questions you posed that I did not mention in the first paragraph will be %75 to %100 serious and %25 to %0 sarcastic.

That sounds remarkably like another thread here ... not 100% like and 0% dislike but close to 85% like and 15% dislike ... and I apologise ...

T900

Reaction score
lest i come across as implying that i am working to be another brock lesnar, the reason i asked is because i am thinking if i want to get my tailor to make the next suit's shoulders narrower.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads