• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
The peacoat buttons look like they belond on a woman's jacket.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
My first WAYWT post as well, borrowed a camera to demonstrate a fit for comparison so Drizzt could sell me stuff. Comments welcome... I like this cardy but think it might slightly too big.
006pl8.jpg
007en9.jpg
PS The slight bulge in my left thigh is my wallet, if you were wondering.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
one thing, seeing that your raw jeans look fairly new, when you are wearing pants this tight, you may no longer want to keep anything in your front pockets, try to get a bag, or opt for the back pockets of your jeans/jacket pockets...

the cardigan is a bit long, and boxy... it might look better open...

also the patterns of your shirt underneath kinda throwing it all off... should go for a plain white AA v neck with the cardigan unbuttoned and i think it would look pretty good

headtotoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vvoc
looks solid...maybe tuck i the shirt? but i def like the individual pieces
vvoc, thanks, I appreciate your feedback. Okay I'll tuck that shirt in, as soon as my beer belly gets to the gym! - I signed up for that too.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
also the patterns of your shirt underneath kinda throwing it all off... should go for a plain white AA v neck with the cardigan unbuttoned and i think it would look pretty good
I'm with you on the tee. The pattern is much subtler irl without a flash exarcerbating it, but I would prefer to do a flat white with this. Problem is I don't have one right now. On monday I'm going on a bit of a shopping spree to get some grey jeans and a few flat coloured tees. Not AA though, I'm not a big fan. Ideally I would buy some fitted pima cotton tees, anyone have any suggestions on that?

PS Jeans look raw, but are actually just dark 7s. Same ones Drizzt's wearing above EDIT: or rather was; picture's gone.

Thanks for the input!

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
I'm with you on the tee. The pattern is much subtler irl without a flash exarcerbating it, but I would prefer to do a flat white with this. Problem is I don't have one right now. On monday I'm going on a bit of a shopping spree to get some grey jeans and a few flat coloured tees. Not AA though, I'm not a big fan. Ideally I would buy some fitted pima cotton tees, anyone have any suggestions on that?

PS Jeans look raw, but are actually just dark 7s. Same ones Drizzt's wearing above.

Thanks for the input!

Banana Republic Ts are pretty nice...

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Had a fit pic today until...I lost my camera in a cab. Truly epic photo, too; cameo by Pitt, Ford, Cheadle, Meatloaf, etc.

So until I get to DC, I'm going KB style. Or maybe we'll see just how ****** my camera phone really is.

Agnes B
RB15s
German Army

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One more bonus cross post from MC:

Hickey 3/4 placket white OCBD
Vintage tartan tie
Kent Wang linen pocket square
Isaia for Paul Stuart navy flannel blazer
Polo grey flat front trousers
Church's custom grade brogues

81dm1.jpg

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
different day, same clothes...
03-09-08_1405.jpg

pinoy

Reaction score
It's nice to be back after a 6 month hiatus.
smile.gif
Looking good, guys.

Today:
030908.jpg

030908-2.jpg

030908-3.jpg

Margiela Aids tee
Ann Demeulemeester jacket
Gap Belt (not shown)
Dior 21cm Dauphine jeans
Carpe Diem boots

Still trying to figure out how to do a boot tuck properly. I want to show off more of the boots, but I can't seem to do it without it looking contrived. It seems like the key is a pair of jeans with a small leg opening- something I don't own.
lookaround.gif

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
solid look, pinoy. I personally think the boot tuck doesn't work so well with jeans...make the opening TOO small and it looks a bit feminine, so hard to pull off unless you have a very petite frame. A regular straight leg jean like what you have would make it look contrived, i imagine the hem would come back down anyway and then it may lead to a bit of self consciousness.

If you're gonna go with the boot tuck, i suggest something like a pair of tapered black trousers (cotton or wool) would go well, and look better than doing it with jeans anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads