• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Button Ups for Streetwear

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to make a shirt at bestcustomshirt.com. Looking for guidance on the fabric type (oxford?), collar style, cuff style, pockets (should there even be one?), and front style. What would make it look right with a blazer and jeans? Thank you.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im all about: blue oxford button down collar rounded cuffs one pocket

thejuice

Reaction score
Are you going to tuck it in or leave it out with a sports jacket.

Just asking because I want to get untucked shirts to wear with sports jackets and jeans

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thejuice

Reaction score
Yeah me too, so what are you going to tell the website to avoid long tail???

Actually I am interested too and wanted to see what style would look best for leave it out may be we should call here???

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thejuice
Just asking because I want to get untucked shirts to wear with sports jackets and jeans

Originally Posted by TyCooN
I lik the leave it out look

I think it looks a bit too "stand up comic" for my tastes. If you wear a blazer you ought to tuck the shirt in. Call me trad but I think I'd probably put a tie with it, with a few exceptions.

BrianRegan.jpg

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I go back and forth but I would say the majority of the time I wear shirts untucked even with sportcoats. You just need to make sure the shirt is short enough.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah me too, so what are you going to tell the website to avoid long tail???

Actually I am interested too and wanted to see what style would look best for leave it out may be we should call here???

There's an option to make the tail shorter when you're creating the shirt. I made my first shirt on there a few days ago.

thejuice

Reaction score
^^^ Have you received your shirt yet?? How is the fit??

thejuice

Reaction score
Drizz I completey agree with the short in length what do you think is good, I have heard mid-crocth length, but personally I prefer top of pocket?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Drizz I completey agree with the short in length what do you think is good, I have heard mid-crocth length, but personally I prefer top of pocket?

BoO length seems perfect. Look at my pic in waywn.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
I think it looks a bit too "stand up comic" for my tastes. If you wear a blazer you ought to tuck the shirt in. Call me trad but I think I'd probably put a tie with it, with a few exceptions.

BrianRegan.jpg

That is a gross blazer so of course it looks bad untucked.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads