• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Folded Up Shirt Appreciation

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Well whatever. For Christ sake this is an online forum not a gentlemen's club. I shouldn't need have a disclaimer that what I write is my opinion on every post.

I think Jantzen is ****, I wouldn't spend money on it, I would think people that do are silly for doing so but I'm sure others would feel the same way about spending on what I do for a demi-measure shirt. Oh well...doesn't affect my spending habits.

Bolded for truth again?

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
More pink and blue end on end:

p1012223lf5.jpg

I really like the pink one Alan.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
I shouldn't need have a disclaimer that what I write is my opinion on every post.

I used to have one. It didn't do any good.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiton ...
kitonsq2.jpg
The TROCA buttons sure are peculiar, dependent on lighting they go from orange/yellow to perlicent white. There is definet patern matching on this one imo
wink.gif
I think it will be nice with this Etro cotton/linnen birdseye slacks
kitonnetrorw1.jpg
Il post some more detail on the Detail thread tomorrow ... Speed

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FANTASTIC kiton shirt-- a great illustration of why this is my favorite shirtmaker on the market.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
speed-- I'll be interested to hear your comments on the shirt's collar when you wear it. to me, it's the best shape and has very little to no 'tie space' at the top, which is important to me. collar is larger than most if not all my other shirts, yet looks perfect with a jacket and tie.

I'm actually wearing this one (on the left) with a jacket/ no tie to brunch today:

Kaizen

Reaction score
In preparation for warmer weather, I just got these two linen shirts from Hamilton.

LinenShirts.jpg

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
FANTASTIC kiton shirt-- a great illustration of why this is my favorite shirtmaker on the market.

+1

The buttons doe change color due to the lighting of the real pearl. I like that as well.
smile.gif

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by binge
I'm going to wash the first one a few times to see if there's much shrinkage. The collar is about 1/8" too big, but if it snugs up just a bit, it should fit fine. In any case, I'll post some pics in the next few days once it's been through a few washes.

Yeah, replying to my own post...

Today's entry in WAYWRN features one of them. After a few washings, the collar feels good as does most of the rest of the shirt, but it's still a bit roomy around the chest; which is probably just the way it's cut. The cuffs are definitely rather wide, I'll definitely take the shirts to my tailor to have the cuff button moved a bit, which should be sufficient; I might ask him if he can nip the body as well.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the shirts at the Bluefly sale price, but I'm not sure if I would go for them again, mainly due to the slightly large fit. Now that I have a decent stable of shirts, I'll probably go MTM with my tailor and get a shirt that fits right from the start rather than OTR+altering.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You dog!

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
p1020817jx6.jpg

p1020818ly8.jpg

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
The Geneva shirt is nice.
Pricepoint, Fabric?

It's Mason Silverline 120s. It was $225, but that book has mostly run out. There is a new one coming soon (within a month they say), but no guarantees it will have all the same patterns. The price I think will be $240 for the new book.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads