• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can't find leather Purcells

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any recommendations? I've found three or four sources for Jack Purcell leather sneakers and none of them seem to stock over a mens' size 8. WTF? I'm a 9.5 in "regular" shoes FWIW. I just want some Purcells
frown.gif

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Any recommendations? I've found three or four sources for Jack Purcell leather sneakers and none of them seem to stock over a mens' size 8. WTF?

I'm a 9.5 in "regular" shoes FWIW.

I just want some Purcells
frown.gif

No way you're a a 8 in Purcells.

I wear 8 in most dress shoes and anywhere from 8 to 9 in sneakers, but I'm selling my pair of canvas Purcells in 7.5 because they've proven too tight. I can squeeze my feet into them, barely, but walking any distances at all hurts. And sneakers in general should fit a bit roomy, I'd think.

Karo

Reaction score
Isn't leather comfier and also higher up on the Coolness Scale?
confused.gif

Yeah I have two pairs of leather one. Therefore I'm twice as cool.
laugh.gif

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TwentySomthing

Reaction score
Check out the converse website. There seem to be some there up for sale in or at least close to your size.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ordered some white canvas JP's from Zappos. Will report back soon.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a pair of leather purcells and had to discard it because no one was able to resole the rubber soles. It's a waste since the leather uppers still looked brand new. The irony was that the staff told me to go for the leather ones as they are more durable.

In hindsight, I should've bought canvas, the upper and soles probably will not have much of a discrepancy in their lifespan and should wear out about the same time.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So these came today. Zappos is ridiculous. Anyways, they width is about right but I think they're a bit long. There's about an inch from where my toe is to the front of the shoe. Should I go down half-a-size? I don't want the toe to curl up from the shoe being too long.
frown.gif

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So these came today. Zappos is ridiculous.

Anyways, they width is about right but I think they're a bit long. There's about an inch from where my toe is to the front of the shoe. Should I go down half-a-size? I don't want the toe to curl up from the shoe being too long.
frown.gif

Which size did you get?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics