• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vicuna Overcoat For Sale

guitarman

Reaction score
SIZE 42/44 CAMEL DOUBLE BREASTED VICUNA OVERCOAT
EXCELLENT CONDITION
CALVIN KLEIN - BLACK LABEL
MADE IN ITALY
MAKE ME AN OFFER
DOUG
photos available

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you think it is vicuna colored coat , because vicuna seems an expensive material for CK to use in a coat.

guitarman

Reaction score
well it was given to me - it once belonged to a friend's father who had all his suits and shirts custom made etc. She told me it was vicuna - so I am just assuming it is. It is very very soft and extremely light in weight for such a big coat - I would be interested to learn more about the coat so I may take it up to the Calvin Klein store here in NYC

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vicuna was declared endangered not long after Calvin Klein founded his label. Supplies of the wool had become scarce before that point as the numbers dwindled to just a few thousand. It also could have been made after the mid 90s when vicuna was available again, but the price for such a coat would be upwards of $20k.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alan you sold a vicuna blend coat a few months back, but it was from the 40s or 50s right?

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
^Yes, and it was only a vicuna blend. I have no idea how much was actually in it, probably not a lot. I ended up selling it on ebay to a vintage shop in NYC. I figure they refurbished it and sold it for a mint. Honestly, I wasn't very impressed with the hand of it. I mean it was nice, but it didn't blow me away. But then, as I said, I figure there wasn't really that much vicuna in it.

It did actually have tags that confirmed vicuna content.

chl

Reaction score
Loro Piana has the exclusive sales agreement with the Peruvian Government for sale of Vicuna outside of Peru . One can purchase the fabric from LP for $2000.00 per yard or purchase men's overcoats at the LP store for 14,000.00 or more.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
"If the lady's paying, sir, may I suggest the vicuna?"

PS: Catmere pwns vicKuna.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chl
Loro Piana has the exclusive sales agreement with the Peruvian Government for sale of Vicuna outside of Peru . One can purchase the fabric from LP for $2000.00 per yard or purchase men's overcoats at the LP store for 14,000.00 or more.
Not quite sure what that means. In Italy I cast mine eyes on a Vicuna coat collection of merchandise (legally harvested mind you) made by Colombo. If anyone is interested I can get it for them as mentioned for 20+K for the overcoat and 2.5K for the scarf. And for the record, Vicuna (I suppose when done correctly) makes Cashmere feel like shetland wool.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
20+K for an overcoat
confused.gif

2.5K for a scarf
eek.gif

How much would a Vicuna tie be?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I hear you can sell the vicuna lint from your vicuna garments for around $50 or so. a pop. It's belly button fresh.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I felt a vicuna sweater in a LP boutique once. Very soft but 40K HKD oops. Next time I went in, the sweater was under glass and out of reach
smile.gif

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This must by why good Vicuna sausage has gone up so much at my local market

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads