• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

high end saddle shoes?

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Are there any photos or links to photos of high end saddle shoes on SF?

paper clip

Reaction score
I don't know if you consider Alden high-end enough, but here're are two pair from Leathersoul in Hawaii:

http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/200...uede-classics/

ts2.jpg

http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/200...rdovan-saddle/

Me in the second pair:
2-19-08001_edited.jpg

fusherino

Reaction score
i really like the second pair. is that an accurate look at the #8 cordovan color?

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

paper clip

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fusherino
i really like the second pair. is that an accurate look at the #8 cordovan color?

Yes - the photo is pretty accurate. The color is a deep reddish purple.

The toe and vamp on these shoes look a bit smoother than the shell on my longwings and BB plain toe bluchers. Perhaps due to the fact that the shoe is a bal with a close welt around the heel, they look a bit dressier, and so the smoothness of the vamp and toe are appropriate.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paperclip,

that's a gorgeous pair of saddle shoe. I notice you paired it with khakis in the picture. Do you go casual with this pair of shoe?

I saw the shoe in person when I visited Tom's store. I'm saving up for my pair, hopefully soon before Tom runs out of them.

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of this model from Alden of Carmel. I'm still bummed I didn't pick them up while he had them in my size

AF65-view10.jpg

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a couple pair of Paul Stuart/Grenson saddles on ebay right now...in my size
smile.gif

3a7f_1.JPG

paper clip

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Paperclip, that's a gorgeous pair of saddle shoe. I notice you paired it with khakis in the picture. Do you go casual with this pair of shoe? I saw the shoe in person when I visited Tom's store. I'm saving up for my pair, hopefully soon before Tom runs out of them.
I do wear them to work and church with khakis a sweater or jacket and buttondown. They are a bit dressier that the AE Shelton they replaced. The Sheltons, while a bal, are a bit more causal due to their full 360 degree welt. I was a little concerned that the Aldens were too dressy for my usual everyday khakis, but I figured if I'm going to spend that much on a shoe, I'm going to wear it anyway! The Alden of Carmel saddles pictured above are interesting, but I feel that the moc toe throws off the whole "saddle" shoe. It looks more like a norwegian toed shoe with a saddle thrown on. I just like the classic saddle shape/style. I also have a pair of suede and tan saddles that are very similar to the first pair of Aldens pictured above, but I got mine at Nordstroms some years ago for about $80.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads