• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whats your fav cocktail?

Jerome

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Simple as that: I myself am not that much of a cocktail fan but rather like drinks more straight and natural, so also cocktails without creme; also too sweet ones like flips or whatever I dont like- I like if at all: Mojito, Caipiriha, Long Island Ice Tea..if I wanna get drunk...maybe you can recommend me some in that category...or simply say what your favs are. [Manhattan I liked as a teen btw...also Kamikaze]...also: cocktails w/o alc are a big no-no too, for me- its leading that whole business which is on shaky ground :roll: anyway and a bit cheap to begin with absoluetly ad absurdum....

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm back on the wagon (after being off about 2 weeks ago) again...but during my days as a regular drinker, wasn't really a cocktail guy but i wouldn't mind a well done sweet Manhattan or a grey goose dirty martini.

mrpologuy

Reaction score
Nothing beats a good Manhattan in my book.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it seems like a throwback drink though...i've had times where i've walked into bars and ordered either a manhattan or an old fashioned, and got queries about my age because not many people who look as young as me tend to order these drinks, according to some bartenders i've spoken to.

finch

Reaction score
Not a *********tail fan but I will have a Manhattan every now and then.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Big mojito fan, but I also like mint juleps and Pimms & grapefruit. Dark & Stormys are good too, but hard to find (as is Pimms, I guess)

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Big mojito fan, but I also like mint juleps
What's it like having a ******? I like a good Old Fashioned from time to time. I'm not that big on cocktails though.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My go-to cocktail is a gimlet (vodka and lime juice). I like it both straight-up and on the rocks.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Add me to the Manhattan fan list. Unfortunately, most bartenders omit the bitters and the drink comes out a bit too sweet. What bourbon or rye whiskey do other Manhattan fans request? I usually ask for Maker's Mark, but am looking to broaden my horizons.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
What's it like having a ******?

I like a good Old Fashioned from time to time. I'm not that big on cocktails though.

Connie, you calling me a ****** further reinforces the notion that you have never seen one and is analagous to Richard Simmons calling someone a flamer. Or Tina Turner calling someone haggard. I agree with ya on the Old Fashioned though.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Put me down for a manhattan too. It is also the cocktail of choice for many of my social circle and really the drink of choice while boating.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite is the Maidstone. But very few bartenders know how to make one.

Otherwise, before dinner I always go for a dirty martini. After dinner, I tend to gravitate towards citrus/lime drinks, e.g. gimlet, caipirinha, margarita in the summer...

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I'm with FL on the mojito. Living down here and visiting Cuba has really helped acquire a taste for them, not to mention become somewhat of an expert in their making.

I like a good sidecar and old fashioned. Scotch and soda. Hell, just about anything.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
My favorite is the Maidstone.

I've actually never even heard of that drink. What's your recipe?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I'm with FL on the mojito. Living down here and visiting Cuba has really helped acquire a taste for them, not to mention become somewhat of an expert in their making.

I try to tell people that mojitos taste better in Cuba, but nobody listens to me.

My favorites are a G&T, a daquiri and, recently, a gimlet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads