• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
I think it's to keep it quiet, to be honest. PS seems to have a complicated relationship with any kind of sale.

I'll be there Tuesday morning, but don't expect to buy anything, or much, until later in the week.

So like most sales they have a mark it down further as the week goes on...what is the initial discount?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll pop by Tuesday morning to check out shoes and maybe stumble upon the one pair of PC moleskins that Portnoy missed.

Whnay, if I remember correctly, it was $200 for shoes that retailed for $600 and under, and $250 for those that sold for $600 plus.

Clothes, I can't say.

lefty

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Anyone been to Barneys today? Further markdowns?

I picked up an Isaia jacket for 50% off the lowest price - $350. Was going to grab one of the suede chelseas for 60% off the lowest price - $27, but I couldn't get my feet into the damn narrow openings.

Will there be additional markdowns on jackets? I'd drive in Sunday for 75% off.

lefty

sweatybrain

Reaction score
I picked up the cropped BoO double breasted blazer for 240 with taxes.
inlove.gif

Otherwise, the selection was rather limited...the leftover suits were mostly the house label, some HF and varvatos. most ran about 500+ before the markdown, which was way more than I was willing to pay for those brands.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
*#@$*@#
cloud.gif

Made a run through this evening. There are some great deals to be had. Had a Isaia wool/silk/cashmere suit in my size in hand in line and only then just noticed the pull. Would have been $450. There are other Isaia for that price, including some very nice light grey ones.

If you can handle the madhouse (line was ridiculous) it's worth a visit.

chronic

Reaction score
don't know about the Manhattan Century 21, but the one in Long Island currently has Louis Vuitton and Ferragamo ties for $70 each, with at least 20 different designs for both. First time seeing both brands there in the tie dept., and the woman working there didn't even know they had the LV ones. LV ties retail for $185, and Ferragamo for $145, so these are a steal...good luck!

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got back. Picked up a pair of Santoni FAM goodyear welted brown antiqued captoes for ok price. I'm not in love with them so I may flip them. The sales guy at the door was really, really helpful though. I don't think the sale was worth it but it will be going on for the next couple of sundays also.
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Event: Santoni - Finest Quality Footwear For Men & Women Santoni footwear for men and women is renowned throughout the world for its exceptional beauty and craftsmanship. Each pair of shoes is crafted in the authentic Italian tradition of shoe making. Women's shoes can be found from $99.99-$249.99. Selections include boots, loafers, sandals, and more. Handmade shoes for men are $399.99-$499.99 and semi-handmade shoes will be $159.99-$249.99. Event Begins: 3/2/2008 Event Ends: 3/2/2008 Event Times: Sunday Only 11am-4pm Location: 864 Madison Ave (btwn 70th & 71st St) New York, NY 10021 (212) 794-3820 Payment Types: Cash//MC/VISA/AMEX - No Checks

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like I won't make it to the PS sale.
Anyone willing to keep an eye out for items in my size?
(I'll make it worth your while.)

james48

Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
Just got back. Picked up a pair of Santoni FAM goodyear welted brown antiqued captoes for ok price. I'm not in love with them so I may flip them. The sales guy at the door was really, really helpful though. I don't think the sale was worth it but it will be going on for the next couple of sundays also.

i stopped by maybe around 12:30, there was very little in my size (although there were a lot of loafers which i wasnt interested in). I gotta agree the sales guy was VERYYYY helpful. In most of these upper east side stores i find that the sales guy is usually very snobish and ignores me (especially if i go on the weekend when im in jeans and sneakers, i clearly dont look like i should be shopping for $1000 shoes). The santoni guy was one of the nicest i have ever seen, i was in the store once or twice before and had the same experience, never made to feel out of place, they seem to have a good sales team. I will probably try back next sunday although the sales guy said they will probably just be geting more of the same styles, not different styles.

tonup277

Reaction score
walked thru barney's today - they have a table full of shoes on sale.
several ferragamos (loafers, suedes, etc), a nice pair of harris, and 3 or 4 CJs (brown and black single-strap monks, boots and some other pair), many barneys brand models and some other brands.

the two CJ monks were around $320-ish...they didn't have 8's in the brown, but they did in the black. 8-1/2 in brown were available.

there was a very interesting pair of wholecuts in an antiqued brown, barneys brand. great price, $280...but seemed a bit 'light' in overall construction.

oh, and the ike behar reps were there with a vast sampling of their shirts.
taking measurements for orders
smile.gif
very nice folks. they'll be there on sunday as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads