• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

General Football Talk (that's soccer guys)

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by water
On a different note, it appears that Grant is living up to people's expectations by being completely out-managed in the Carling Cup final.

I wish I could see this match. I don't really know either manager but I'd love to see Spurs take it. Just so that Chelsea loses. I want to see Abromovich get that pissy look on his face when his hundreds of millions of pounds can't buy him everything he wants.

b

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ibleedwhite
this pic is safe and doesn't show too much.
BTW, this is the injury happening. Taylor goes recklessly .. and the rest is history.

3379st1.jpg

you are not allowed to go in with your cleats up like that, period. it doesn't matter if you go in 'hard' or not, or if you go in high or low. when you go in cleats first, you are always putting the other player at high risk for injury, and whether you touch him or not, it's a red. (think ronaldinho's red against england.)

the commentators i've heard say stupid things like he went in hard or he went in high. taylor's own manager suggested it was only worth a yellow. it's as if no one knows the laws of the game.

Guy Burgess

Reaction score
Call me picky but they wouldn't be playing football if they led with any other part of their body when they tackled....

ibleedwhite

Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
taylor's own manager suggested it was only worth a yellow. it's as if no one knows the laws of the game.

What do you expect him to say? It's his own manager

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
I was referring to Benecios's comment about the Italians playing **** in Europe.

b

I said INTER playing **** in Europe not "the Italians". When did Inter last win the Champions League/European Cup?? I will tell you,1965!

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its good to see that Mr Magoo has retracted his earlier comments about Taylor never being allowed to play again. The guy has a very short memory,it was only seven days ago when Eboue tried cutting Evra in half and then Flamini and Hoyte were chasing Nani round the pitch with studs flying everywhere. But then it was OK to try and finish someone's career because he was "showboating".
And as for Gallas' behaviour at the end of the game,completely bizarre!!

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benecios
I said INTER playing **** in Europe not "the Italians". When did Inter last win the Champions League/European Cup?? I will tell you,1965!

Ah, I mis-read it. Sorry. Chill out for christ's sake.

b

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Ah, I mis-read it. Sorry. Chill out for christ's sake.

b

Sorry Bob.Mr Wenger has got me all wound up this weekend!

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benecios
Sorry Bob.Mr Wenger has got me all wound up this weekend!

No worries. I read that first post and just thought "What's he talking about? Didn't AC Milan win Euro last year? Sheesh." Inter? Well, Inter's another matter.

b

EnglishGent

Reaction score
A fine victory against Chelsea yesterday, nice to have a trophy at the Lane again.

EnglishGent

Reaction score
My kids are in Iowa and I didn't want to be a "two weeks for summer" dad.

Chadley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guy Burgess
Call me picky but they wouldn't be playing football if they led with any other part of their body when they tackled....

Unless your comment was tongue in cheek, there is a big difference between tackling cleats up or down.

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shock of the night!! An Arsenal team woefully short of confidence after being humiliated by Man U go to the San Siro and embarrass Milan.I don't know whether to laugh or cry?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics