• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

bassounds

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
my friend had bootcut ola for over a year, they faded pretty ******

what do you mean they "faded ******" ? BOLA's don't fade like RRDS, and they stretch lots, so it seems if they are not uber tight to begin with, they will not show much wear.

That said, would be cool if nudie made some Ola's in heavier denim.

km83

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bassounds
what do you mean they "faded ******" ? BOLA's don't fade like RRDS, and they stretch lots, so it seems if they are not uber tight to begin with, they will not show much wear.

That said, would be cool if nudie made some Ola's in heavier denim.

they just turn lighter overall with no noticeable contrasts (yep -i know the drill re dry denim too). even my baggiest pair of atelier ladurance are showing more contrast in a couple of months than a year of ola.

bassounds

Reaction score
Originally Posted by km83
they just turn lighter overall with no noticeable contrasts (yep -i know the drill re dry denim too). even my baggiest pair of atelier ladurance are showing more contrast in a couple of months than a year of ola.

yeah, I see what you mean. Some nice contrast on a few pairs at the mynudies.com gallery, but I haven't had mine long enough to know.

Do you know another dry with a fit somewhat similar to Ola's? It's mainly the low rise and slim cut through thigh that interest me. Bootcut or straight is cool- in fact Ola's bootcut are quite minimal which I like.

What's similar to Ola among atelier's?

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
conifurious on mynudies has some nicely faded bootcut ola's

his came out legendary.

steve796

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the weight and quality of the bootcut ola's. From what I've heard, Nudie uses the cheapest denim (compared to their other models) for the ola's. Is this true? Also, how's the durability on the ola's? Thanks.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by steve796
Can anyone comment on the weight and quality of the bootcut ola's. From what I've heard, Nudie uses the cheapest denim (compared to their other models) for the ola's. Is this true? Also, how's the durability on the ola's? Thanks.

They use lighter weight denim than some of the other jeans, but it is nice, in my opinion. As I said before, my BOLA are probably my favorite nudies that I own. They're soft, comfortable, drape nicely, and flatter most body types. They are pretty close to a true straight leg and have lower rise than the other Nudies.

unrated

Reaction score
I recently purchased a pair of Levi's Capital E Matchstick jeans and was wondering how much they shrink after a wash. They are 98% cotton and 2% spandex. I'm going to hem them up so I just wanted to be safe and make sure they won't get any shorter.

km83

Reaction score
hi. im keen to pick up some pure blue's - as i live in australia there is a paucity of retailers selling anything other than nudies (to the best of my knowledge). any ideas? will i end up having to go online; blue in green etc? thanks

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unrated
I recently purchased a pair of Levi's Capital E Matchstick jeans and was wondering how much they shrink after a wash. They are 98% cotton and 2% spandex. I'm going to hem them up so I just wanted to be safe and make sure they won't get any shorter.

Minimally. Maybe an inch max. If you're nervous about wash shrinkage, as they're still wet/damp pull on the legs of the jeans pretty good as you're letting them hang dry to preserve or slightly lengthen the inseam.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a pair of straight leg, raw, medium-low rise jeans. I'm a 31" waist, and I'm looking for an 8" leg opening without going over 11.5" in the thigh. I've narrowed my selection to Samurai 710xx and IH 634s. I think that the 634s would be a no-brainer, except I've seen the back rise listed at 15", which could make them look like Dad jeans on me (5'9", 160lbs).

Is there anyone out there who's tried or bought them both and can compare?

Bring The Noise

Reaction score
Originally Posted by letmebefell
I'm looking to get a pair of straight leg, raw, medium-low rise jeans. I'm a 31" waist, and I'm looking for an 8" leg opening without going over 11.5" in the thigh. I've narrowed my selection to Samurai 710xx and IH 634s. I think that the 634s would be a no-brainer, except I've seen the back rise listed at 15", which could make them look like Dad jeans on me (5'9", 160lbs).

Is there anyone out there who's tried or bought them both and can compare?

dior 19 cm??

blantonator

Reaction score
Nudie Slim Jim's Black Coated
slim_jim_black_coated.jpg
or Grey Coated
_DSC0176_full_detail.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads