• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I'll get my gun.

I think a tall can of Coors Light, the "Silver Bullet" is the only thing that can stop her.

00537605.detail.a.jpg

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I think a tall can of Coors Light, the "Silver Bullet" is the only thing that can stop her.

ewww. yeah that would leave me feeling too bloated to ravage helpless wildlife.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Individualists should never work in corporate situations unless they're at the top.

This is what I've always known in the back of my head but just needed an outside confirmation to seal it. Thank you, LabelKing. I'm never working for a corporation ever again.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
There's only one great song on the Cocosuma CD I bought.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakfasteatre
Having hair inbetween short and long

your opinions please

305227351.jpg

or my hair a couple months ago

246446683.jpg

(2 years ago)
135993049.jpg

im kind of leaning towards shaving it off again

Late here but really nice shaved.

Are you a chef?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Your partner leaves your house in the Hamptons at 11:00 am on the LIRR heading for your home on Fire Island. At the same time, you leave your Manhattan apt driving your Miata. The train travels at 70 mph while you drive, on average 30 mph. Along the way you make a detour to leave your pomeranian puppies at the dog spa. This adds one hour to your trip. How much time will your partner have to redecorate the sun room with tafetta and chanille fabrics before you show up with that retro Jeff Stryker Appreciation and Tom of Finland framed original?

Let's see if we can come up with a lesbian SAT question now.

b

I thought you were straight Rdawg.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Hey King. Meaning no disrespect to your father, but AFAIK North Dakota has never recorded an actual temperature of -70°. Wind chills are regularly in that range. I have lived at this latitude for most of my life and the coldest temperature I have ever seen is -43°F.

One morning this week we set a new daily record of -31°F. The wind chills that morning were in the -70° range.

What constantly amazes me is that even at -31°, life here goes on pretty much as usual. No school or factory closings. Lots of cars on the streets. A testament either to the peoples' fortitude or their (lack of) intelligence.

My boyfriend is from northen Minnesota (Walker/Nevis area) and my jaw dropped when they were telling me how cold it gets at his family's house. I would have thought your freaking throat could freeze if you breathed in -25 degree air. When they were little their Dad would boil a pot of water and take it outside and throw it off the doorstep and watch it just instantly turn into powder.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
My boyfriend is from northen Minnesota (Walker/Nevis area) and my jaw dropped when they were telling me how cold it gets at his family's house. I would have thought your freaking throat could freeze if you breathed in -25 degree air. When they were little their Dad would boil a pot of water and take it outside and throw it off the doorstep and watch it just instantly turn into powder.
The things you get to experience growing up in middle America.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
The things you get to experience growing up in middle America.

I hear he then had to walk 10 miles uphill both ways in the snow to get to school.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
I hear he then had to walk 10 miles uphill both ways in the snow to get to school.

I have a friend who literally had to walk 5 miles to school every day. He grew up poor in Jamaica. His school also had a dress code that required black shoes and because he couldn't afford them he got a pair of old brown platform shoes from a friend and had to continually polish them to keep them black.

Beat that.

b

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I had to drive 1hr round trip to go to HS.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My mom who appears to be excellent at grilling me about a female friend that I am seeing and can't seem to bug off. Leave me the f*ck alone.

JB

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads