• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fact that the daytime high here has been in the mid-70's to mid-80's for the past few weeks, with little variation and not a little humidity.

It's depressing because once late March hits, it will only get hotter from there. I welcome the arrival of spring if we've had a nice chilly winter (by Florida standards). But this? Summer is long and oppressive enough here without such a big head start.

I can deal with the cold. Give me cold!

The complaints about -20 degree windchill several pages back reminded me of a story my father told once about a working in a store that sold outdoor gear. This was about twenty-odd years ago, and although the store was based in Florida, most of the products were designed for serious excursions. Seems a fellow employee was a Maine native who liked to brag about his cold weather endurance.

One day, assuming my father was a Florida man unaccustomed to real winters, he bragged about the coldest weather he'd ever experienced: -35 with windchill. Casually he remarked, "I bet you've never felt anything like that, huh? You can't imagine how cold that is."

My Dad said, "Oh really? Have you ever felt -70 weather? Because that's what we had up in North Dakota one winter."

The guy pretty much shut up after that.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
reading the above two posts, it's crazy how complex office politics can get. couple this with what i've been going through for the past half year and i can pretty much say i don't think life/working at a giant corporation with vast and intricate hierarchical structure is for me. I have never had a problem voicing out my concerns and opinions with the people highest up but apparently this is what has led to my recent downfall. Apparently i am a minority in the hong kong workspace because i am not good at "knowing my role." Getting along well (or at least being able to talk to) people in upper management has created a rift between myself and my peers and this has led to me basically getting the collective shaft. I have a feeling even some in middle to the lower end up upper management aren't happy with the way i carry myself and seem to throw my weight around as a junior staff.

Individualists should never work in corporate situations unless they're at the top.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakfasteatre
My girlfriends brother is the definition of ******* low life scum

Her mother was in the hospital recently for about a month. During that time, he stole3 cheques, writing himself about 5000 dollars worth. Previously, he has stolen her credit card and charged up about 10,000.

Is your gf old enough (legally, according to her mother, etc.) to be given power of attorney for the time when her mother is incapacitated. I.e. like when she's in the hospital? She would, I believe, then have the power to have her brother arrested if this happens again.

Imagine her mother having a serious problem and being in the hospital for an extended time. This guy could ruin her financially.

b

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got up early this morning, shoveled my wife's car and my car out of the snow took the train into work and I get to the front door of my office and there is a sign stating that the office is closed due to the snowstorm. That's the extent of our notification system. So now I am eating my breakfast waiting for my next train home.

breakfasteatre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having hair inbetween short and long

your opinions please

305227351.jpg

or my hair a couple months ago

246446683.jpg

(2 years ago)
135993049.jpg

im kind of leaning towards shaving it off again

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by King Francis
The fact that the daytime high here has been in the mid-70's to mid-80's for the past few weeks, with little variation and not a little humidity.

It's depressing because once late March hits, it will only get hotter from there. I welcome the arrival of spring if we've had a nice chilly winter (by Florida standards). But this? Summer is long and oppressive enough here without such a big head start.

I can deal with the cold. Give me cold!

Even when I was in -20 with wind chill in Chicago a few weeks ago, I kept thinking, "At least it's not summer... at least it's not summer...." And Philly summers, while hot and wet, are obviously not nearly as bad or as long as FL summers. So I feel your pain.
frown.gif

I think Florida/the deep South would be my absolute last choice of places in the US to live for exactly that reason.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
You have a good head for a shaved head.

I agree, it looked good short. Looks fine now, too. Plus there's the obvious convenience factor.

EnglishGent

Reaction score
My employers have decided that business casual is not relaxed enough and starting Monday we are moving to a casual dress code. Wearing a tie is going to look even more out of place, I may as well come to work in my pj's.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EnglishGent
My employers have decided that business casual is not relaxed enough and starting Monday we are moving to a casual dress code. Wearing a tie is going to look even more out of place, I may as well come to work in my pj's.

Wear your ties as belts, that's such a cool look.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Small dogs that won't shut up. Even worse than small children that won't shut up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads