• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I just bought a... (non clothing item)

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
p21778940001cp9.jpg
I can now use my favorite lens on a digital, and I'm pretty excited about that. Funny, though the D200 will replace my 2001-vintage Olympus E10, the old Oly still has some pwnage features the D200 can't touch: Live LCD, the lack of mirror shake, it's silence, the awesome LCD that pops out and can be put at a right angle to the body for shooting ala TLR, or angled about 20 deg down for shooting above your head (and the crowd, a trick I've used many times), and a few other things. The old one served me well and I shan't be getting rid of it.
Originally Posted by Dmax
His knives look amazing but are (deservingly) on the pricy side. Enjoy it in good health. I have not heard of anyone ordering from him directly. He seems to be a "newly discovered" knifemaker but very popular since almost everything from Mr. Itou is now sold out again at JCK. I have not seen anyone else use his prefered steel: R2. Please report on the fit and finish once you get the knife. I would have like to get a nice slicer but can't justify it since I would hardly use it. My next purchase would probably be a small Gyuto or a Santoku, in high carbon or one of the new "super powder steels".
Posted a review: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...955#post893955
Originally Posted by Andre Yew
Interesting. I hadn't thought about that. I guess it'd be kind of like this:
128338636875781250hovercat.jpg
--Andre

LOL. Great.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Ryobi Lithium-Ion power tool set...

6007a016-d215-4dff-9ace-dc70ef290df4.Large.jpg

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sanyo Xacti CG6, I really wanted one back this summer in Japan but was stuck between a new nice digicam or a camcorder. After trying a god awful Sony NWC GC1 flash digicamcorder I decided to save for a decent Xacti, and happened to snag one on Amazon for $200, much lower than my expected budget.
41ZAaj-NmWL._AA280_.jpg
The video quality is decent in low light and good in good lighting, beats the old 8mm I used to use for track days.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
Nice camera, but how did you take a picture of it?

With a mirror, of course.

No seriously -- with the Olympus E-10 digital that I was comparing the Nikon to. It was a last shot of the day thing and I didn't realize I'd bumped my tripod -- hence the odd cropping.

~ Huntsman

(p.s. did you see the Holmes-cover Valley of Fear Strand that went on ebay a few weeks ago? I wanted to bid but set a hard limit of $500 and didn't even get on the list)

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^You can't just smoke cigars with your Scotch like all the other northeastern WASPs?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
^^^You can't just smoke cigars with your Scotch like all the other northeastern WASPs?
I enjoy the occasional cigar with my scotch, don't worry. But there's something about an old-fashioned cigarette when you're halfway through a bottle of Knob Creek...it's very refreshing.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pack in the picture has an old school Norwegian health warning on it (prior to EEC standardization...)
Weird...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mitsubishi HC4900 1080p LCD projector
PLAYSTATION3

Time to jump on the Blu-ray bandwagon.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by warlok1965
Mitsubishi HC4900 1080p LCD projector PLAYSTATION3 Time to jump on the Blu-ray bandwagon.
Oh come on. Everyone knows HD DVD will win the format war.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads