• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I finally figured out how to make one. Go me.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
So what's with people who list something on the B&S with the thread title but nothing inside the actual thread other than "check later" or something like that? Is that considered bumping when they add their product?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The new announcements that were put up this afternoon do not seem to be accessible when you open them.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I moved the 'act white' thread over to current events.

Please try to keep that civil. No one has overstepped the mark yet, but the thread is still young, and if history is anything to go by, it is super obvious it wont end well.

It has 'to be squirreled' written all over it...but try and make it be the exception to the rule and not end in a bloodbath.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
The new announcements that were put up this afternoon do not seem to be accessible when you open them.
you mean this:

http://styleforum.net/announcement.php?f=11

I have no trouble opening it, but there are two new announcements there, pasted below:

Originally Posted by j
If you've noticed spaces in your signature recently, it was due to a weirdness in the forum software. I turned on an auto-wrap feature that decided to add spaces into long words/URLs whether they needed them or not.

So if you would like to fix that, just edit your signature and make any sort of change to it, and it should go away. If you want, you can edit it, add a letter, then edit again and delete the letter, and it should be fixed and look normal.

Sorry for the confusion.

and

Originally Posted by j
We could use your help:

http://wiki.styleforum.net

The denim section can always use knowledge, and lots of the "best posts" belong in there. All the brand/line pages can be updated or added if they don't exist yet. Plenty of stuff to add and expand! If you have a little extra time, consider adding something.

Help with formatting can be found at:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Formatting

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
I have no trouble opening it, but there are two new announcements there, pasted below:
Weird, they work now. Thanks though.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
It has 'to be squirreled' written all over it...but try and make it be the exception to the rule and not end in a bloodbath.
what does 'to be squirreled' mean? Does it have something to do with Richard Gere going to the ER?
It seemed like that was the author's intent.
Nope. It's an honest question. If some people are so hyper-sensitive they can't even acknowledge differences amongst people, that's their problem.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
Nope. It's an honest question. If some people are so hyper-sensitive they can't even acknowledge differences amongst people, that's their problem.
Perhaps, but your use of the hide smiley implied otherwise to me. Just saying.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps, but your use of the hide smiley implied otherwise to me. Just saying.

I tend to abuse smileys. I thought it was kinda ironic/cute
shog[1].gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
J - we were lenient the first time once we got a whole lot of 'Ive learned my lesson PMs', but enough of an example was made of that guy for the rest of the board to know now.

I think that should be bannable from now on.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Probably should be, yes. I guess I forgot to do the actual banning.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Probably should be, yes. I guess I forgot to do the actual banning.

ya slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads