• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blantonator
Anyone know where these boots can be had? I'd love to try them on, if nothing else.

dunno, where are you located?

the obvious answer is the PS store in LA/NYC

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some Neiman Marcus stores have Paul Smith but I don't know if they would have this particular model. It's worth a call to your nearest one.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I noticed that the newer line of Paul Smith shoes have a garish stamp on the inside that says, "Authentic Dip Dyed by Paul Smith" or something along those lines. I don't know why they added that really unnecessary embellishment.

That being said, I love Paul Smith accessories/shoes while I'm not a huge fan of the clothing line. I'm still looking for some burgundy Starr brogues if anyone sees them in 6.5...

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by keykoo
I'm still looking for some burgundy Starr brogues if anyone sees them in 6.5...

Burgundy Starrs were almost 2 years ago...I got a pair of "poppy red" Starrs which is a less dark burgundy last year

If the runway show is an indicator there looks like an awesome burgundy laceup coming in F/W

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
picture please GetSmart?

Or I could not be lazy and just find it myself... ... ...
bounce2.gif

Two years ago? I saw some burgundy starr brogues in both Korean and Japanese PS stores over the Christmas holiday. Perhaps they are just old stock.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by keykoo
Two years ago? I saw some burgundy starr brogues in both Korean and Japanese PS stores over the Christmas holiday. Perhaps they are just old stock.

it's possible...when I was in London they had "British Collection" espresso chukkas that I got 2 years ago in LA. I remember the burgundy starrs in 06 and havent seen them since.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's some natural starrs on ebay for reasonably cheap if anyone is a 8.5 or so.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
btw, when I was talking with my SA last week, she said that they are planning on changing the construction of the Starr to a cemented sole that is flush with the uppers which will completely take them out of the picture for me, if that's indeed the case. There were 2 pairs made in this way (not starrs but some other style) at the stores now, and it left me sad and depressed.

SantosLHalper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
btw, when I was talking with my SA last week, she said that they are planning on changing the construction of the Starr to a cemented sole that is flush with the uppers which will completely take them out of the picture for me, if that's indeed the case. There were 2 pairs made in this way (not starrs but some other style) at the stores now, and it left me sad and depressed.

Totally lame.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anybody know if the PS store in LA or NeimanMarcus or Saks in the same area has these available already?

By the way, PS makes them in suede as well but doesn't have the same appeal.
s7xc-a090-cst-b30-15045.jpg

s7xc-a090-cst-b30-detaila-15042.jpg

s7xc-a090-cst-b30-detailb-15043.jpg

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the ones in the OP and the suede ones. I've actually been staring at them for a couple of days now.
inlove.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
this thread sucks. makes me want to go back and re-check out the black ones

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^ Do they have a pic of the black ones online somewhere?

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Nothing that Paul Smith makes worth it's retail price.
It is British Banana Republic-Ted Baker mutant.
Pretty much everything they make are affected junk for tween douchebags.

What the hell are you smoking? PS isn't even close to Banana Republic or Ted Baker.

"Affected junk." Yes, because we all know how much "tween douchebags" love to sport their Paul Smith gear alongside their fake rolex watches and Rock N' Republic jeans.

chanimal

Reaction score
these are nice boots and i think it wouldnt be a bad investment even at retail, if i didnt have my eyes on the wings/horns service boots i would seriously consider these

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads