• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you have nice clothes, do you need a nice car?

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice one:
Alfaandreas.jpg
Alfalfa2.jpg
Alfalfa1.jpg

FashionMiami

Reaction score
If u dress sharp and have a nice car then yes it goes good together but its not necessary. For those who only believe that if u dress sharp u must have a nice car then what about that persons house? Is it nice? Then what about everything else he owns. Its a balance but just cause u dress sharp does not mean u have to wear the most $$$ clothing. I know guys who dress very well when they go out but their clothing is from macys or jcpennys. Its what u feel confy with. Who really cares what others think of you as long as your attitude does not change when u get dressed up. Most of those people who think that, are jealous that u have the guts and style to dress up and wear it good. I dress sharp when I go out cause I feel good about it and I dont want to look like Iam some 15yr slob in high school.

Dolle Dolf

Reaction score
So many alfisti here. If not owners, then at least aficionados. Bravo!

Alfas express a joie de vivre that few marques do, what the Italians know as "brio", and at an affordable price. Truly the affordable Italian exotic, the Ferrari for the family man (1966 Giulia saloon and 1988 Spider in my stable), where the Ferrari may be the Kiton, the Alfa is the Canali.

Dolle Dolf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j

And any man who can watch this without having every hair on their body stand on end, well, he and I probably wouldn't get along very well:

That goes to show that for some of us there is nothing like an Alfa. The most storied marque in automotive history, sullied by dozens of unfortunate trips into forgetfulness. But still, nothing else comes close.

Thanks for that link.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
worship.gif

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
Yes thats nice, what are the specs? Ex goup4? Speed
It belongs to a friend of mine, I don't really know. The sound of the thing is incredible. Erection-worthy.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alfa Romeo 8C Spider Concept

To complete the celebration of Alfa Romeo at the 2005 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, the Italian manufacturer launched the 8C Spider at the Californian Resort. Like the 8C Competizione concept its derived from, Alfa's latest design study is inspired by the great eight cylinder Alfas of the 1930s. Although the overall lines are very modern, the 8C Spider incorporates many typical design cues typical to the marque like the triangular grille and the round tail lights.

The choice of Pebble Beach to launch the 8C Spider could very well indicate the return of the Italian manufacturer to North America, where the four cylinder Spyder models were always very successful.

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you need a nice car?

If you live in NYC, no -- if you live in LA, absolutely. Points in between vary.

Twotone

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll throw mine in... ... My first car:
DSC00020.JPG
1996 Ford Thunderbird that I learned on, modified, picked out (yes I chose the grandpa car), paid for on my own... and ate 'Vette's with...
DSC00028.JPG
Specs: 4.6L 215HP V8 SOHC upgraded to 4.6L 350HP DOHC (Cobra) P&P'ed Heads, custom wiring harness, Mark VIII fuel rails, Aluminum block, 80MM MAF, AED Roots Style Supercharger, Extrude Honed long-tube headers, Mark VIII rear end pumpkin/driveshaft, 3.73 gear ratio (had to still be a little drivable in New England winters), JerryW/Deerpark, NY custom 5 speed auto (yes, auto), Dyno tuned CustomChip Dual Program Flip Chip with custom EEC programing, 13" Baer Racing Brakes cross drilled and slotted with quad piston calipers (front), dual pistons (rear), ADDCO Sway Bars, H&R/Tokico Blues progressive suspension setup. Cobra R rims never made it on (I didn't sell them until this year either). 415RWHP after all that... quarter in 12.1 seconds. I bought it when I was almost 17 (drove my mother's old Celica before that, but it doesn't count as my car), was totaled in 2003 by a drunk driver. Nope, still not bitter at all. Total paid for car and parts was about $12K, only had about 75K miles when totaled, bought it with 30K miles. Replaced by:
silencer removed, heavy pullies, Eibach Springs, Computech Camber, 17" TSX Sport Alloys (later). I needed something small, economical and easy to park with no payments that I don't need to worry about that wasn't a Mini. I drive maybe drive 100 miles a month, except when I drive to the beach in the summer, so something like this works for now until I either move somewhere else or get a job where your car is a status symbol (DC is not that place). If you ask me, a nice car is important... it kinda conveys who you are a bit and where you are. How important is the real question. I had my fun car during the time in my life when my priorities were leaps and bounds different from what they are now. My next car is most likely convey another change too. One thing that can't be discounted is how good it feels to drive and step out of a nice car. It's as goodas or better than when you completely suited up in a Brioni that fits like a glove. The highlight of my trips home is driving whatever new waste of money my father bought.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not only do I like my Italian clothing, I too am a Alfisti.

On to my second one 159SW, I recently had a 147GTA..

L1000575.jpg

L1000576.jpg

& off course Italian time pieces.. A Manometro..

L1000851.jpg

& off course Italian bikes.. A Cinelli in front of my previous Alfa 147GTA

DSC00029.jpg

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You need campy record my friend to complete the set up. Throw in some AX lightness while you're at it.
devil.gif

CLG763

Reaction score
I was a valet at our international airport for two years so I have seen them all in their cars. Everyone from the lowliest of low, to the highest of high. Personally, I loved seeing the contrast by people and their cars. Jeff, Ruby, the owner of Cincinnati's finest steak houses drives nice cars but wears the most awful clothes you have ever seen, ragged cargo shorts and stained wife beaters. Yet he owns a very prestigious chain of restaurants, I delight in that contrast. On the other hand, when executive vice president of fortune 500 company X comes in every week, he drives a 1992 cheap cherokee but wears beautiful clothes. You don't have to do what people expect you to, you just spend your money where your passion lies. To most of the folks on the car forums, we seem like the most bizarre people on earth. They prolly think "what kind of whack jobs (male whack jobs) have stickies devoted to pages of high end shoes?!"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics