• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Abs, Chest, and Arms

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty
1stly, due to IFBB regulations, Ronnie has deliberately reduced bloatedness in his guts. 2ndly, you cant make ********* grow bigger (sans implants). Just like your bones and head cant grow gigantically big. It can still grow a bit bigger though but that shouldnt be a concern. Before the Donald became a billionare, you think he worries about what he will do with his billions, whether it will attract gold-diggers etc. No! He just do it and worry later. So you should just do it also and worry later. But its extremely unlikely you can have the mirror image of Ron's body though.
You are very bad at reasoning with analogies. Also, a lot of other reasoning.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
^^^You are very bad at reasoning with analogies. Also, a lot of other rhetorical techniques.

Whatever do you mean?

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1stly, due to IFBB regulations, Ronnie has deliberately reduced bloatedness in his guts.

2ndly, you cant make ********* grow bigger (sans implants). Just like your bones and head cant grow gigantically big. It can still grow a bit bigger though but that shouldnt be a concern.

Before the Donald became a billionare, you think he worries about what he will do with his billions, whether it will attract gold-diggers etc. No! He just do it and worry later.

So you should just do it also and worry later. But its extremely unlikely you can have the mirror image of Ron's body though.

I can't even begin to guess what point this was trying to make.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philosoph
I can't even begin to guess what point this was trying to make.

I hope you have seen the light and when in the gym, you would push yourself to your limits and beyond. You may not end up having a body like Jay's (to have one would be everyone's fervent hope and dreams) but it would certainly be better than most of the other numbnuts in the gym.

I also hope the same attitude would permeate other aspects of your life and I am absolutely positive it would as a result broaden your life and horizons tremendously. Dont thank me now. Thanks me years from now when all I have predicted comes true.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh. Now being a bodybuilder is stupid and being Jay is a total moron?

cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope you have seen the light and when in the gym, you would push yourself to your limits and beyond. You may not end up having a body like Jay's (to have one would be everyone's fervent hope and dreams) but it would certainly be better than most of the other numbnuts in the gym.

I also hope the same attitude would permeate other aspects of your life and I am absolutely positive it would as a result broaden your life and horizons tremendously. Dont thank me now. Thanks me years from now when all I have predicted comes true.

Take a step back and realize you are projecting a very high level. I understand you are recommending giving your all, fine, that's a noble pursuit. But not everyone wants to look like that the bodybuilders pictured in this thread. Actually, hardly anyone does who isn't interested in the sport. Even if they had the work ethic to get there, they would stop because it's not how they want to present themselves.

I mean, have you checked what forum you're on lately? Have you seen the guys that post pictures here, and the clothes they favor? It's pretty hard to get an OTR suit that'll fit a competitive bodybuilder. Also, 99% of women would prefer a guy that looks like a Men's Health cover model over a guy that looks like the ones you are gushing over. Please check in with reality.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please check in with reality.

I think he just needs to grow up a bit. He's obviously young.

beasty

Reaction score
Take a step back and realize you are projecting a very high level. I understand you are recommending giving your all, fine, that's a noble pursuit. But not everyone wants to look like that the bodybuilders pictured in this thread. Actually, hardly anyone does who isn't interested in the sport. Even if they had the work ethic to get there, they would stop because it's not how they want to present themselves.

I mean, have you checked what forum you're on lately? Have you seen the guys that post pictures here, and the clothes they favor? It's pretty hard to get an OTR suit that'll fit a competitive bodybuilder. Also, 99% of women would prefer a guy that looks like a Men's Health cover model over a guy that looks like the ones you are gushing over. Please check in with reality.

This is a change in mindset that is necessary for both men and women. Having a men's health body is actually sad. Its like having bourbon diluted with water and not pure bourbon.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beasty has to be a troll.

Has to be.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why

Has to be.

Yah. You cant rebut my points and now you are reduced to calling me names. Good one.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why

Has to be.

I agree, but it's fun to play it straight anyway. Entertaining for everyone involved!

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I agree, but it's fun to play it straight anyway. Entertaining for everyone involved!

YOU are another one. Rebut me if you can. If you cant. acknowledge I am right and hopefully adjust your lifestyle accordingly. If you cant do that, dont cast aspersion on others who are wiser than you.

smw356

Reaction score
This is a change in mindset that is necessary for both men and women. Having a men's health body is actually sad. Its like having bourbon diluted with water and not pure bourbon.

So by your same analogy
Being an inflated freak is like drinking straight everclear because you claim to like the taste. But everyone else knows you're just ******* crazy.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
YOU are another one. Rebut me if you can. If you cant. acknowledge I am right and hopefully adjust your lifestyle accordingly. If you cant do that, dont cast aspersion on others who are wiser than you.

Give me a logical argument, I'll happily provide a rebuttal. So far you're just telling everyone else that your own aesthetic preferences--which are somewhat out of the ordinary--are somehow mystically "correct".

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Give me a logical argument, I'll happily provide a rebuttal. So far you're just telling everyone else that your own aesthetic preferences--which are somewhat out of the ordinary--are somehow mystically "correct".

Its not MY aesthetic preference and not out of the ordinary.
These are guidelines set by IFBB ie. symmetry, proportionality.
These have been adopted by thousands of bodybuilding associations and bodybuilders around the world.

These are not out of the ordinary but NORMAL.
Do you consider having large arms and no back to be normal instead?

And the showcase of bodybuilding, Mr Olympia is an international event available on PPV I think. Its not an event held in a tent where the winner is measured by the length of their nostril hair. It follows IFBB regulations, judged by IFBB judges and winners stand to scrutiny.

Now rebut that!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads