• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
The only stan smiths i'd wear would be the Stan Smith Vintage model with the blue tab on the back. The leather is better and the slight off white color sole makes the shoe look much better in my opinion. They're a little more expensive, but worth it in my opinion. The Vintage model is a pretty good sneaker. You can find them on ebay for cheaper at times. They seem to fit the same as other adidas models if you were wondering about sizing.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How heavy is "Woolen Flannel"

There is a pair of dress pants I am eyeing that are Woolen Flannel, are these most likely going to be heavy material? and pretty much winter only?

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there's a thread about this but humor me: I have a new pair of raw Lees and I got them tight thinking they would stretch. The waist is stretching out fine but they're scratching and bruising my inner thighs where the low-slung crotch rubs when I walk. I want to soak them so they'd get softer but I don't really want them to shrink as they're already a bit too tight. I'm really too old for this...

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just suck it up for a bit longer, a soak will make them softer and yes they will shrink
if you dont want them to shrink too much
sit in the bathtub with them on while it is soaking

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
How heavy is "Woolen Flannel"

There is a pair of dress pants I am eyeing that are Woolen Flannel, are these most likely going to be heavy material? and pretty much winter only?

It's heavy. You could still wear them on those cold spring days though.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ah scary to invest for next winter, i'd rather have a much more rounded pair, i'll have to pass

Hummingbird

Reaction score
Would these pants be ok for business casual and/or light dress (shirt and tie)?
http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/COSTUM...s/searchResult

360686411S_2.jpg

I am thinking the light grey looks the best in that cut.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes they look fine for business casual, (considering these days anything goes besides jeans)

Victim

Reaction score
When you wear a sweater over a collar shirt, as in leaving the collars visible under the sweater, do you do the same for the sleeves? Are you supposed to hide the sleeves? or expose them?

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personal preference. I like to leave a little bit of cuff showing, a la a suit jacket or sport coat.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
I'm sure there's a thread about this but humor me: I have a new pair of raw Lees and I got them tight thinking they would stretch. The waist is stretching out fine but they're scratching and bruising my inner thighs where the low-slung crotch rubs when I walk. I want to soak them so they'd get softer but I don't really want them to shrink as they're already a bit too tight. I'm really too old for this...
Cold soak them for awhile, let them hang dry half way (to get most the water out), then wear them damp until dry. Walk to the store or something while they're a bit damp and they won't shrink and possibly stretch a bit more for you noob
laugh.gif

jellywerker

Reaction score
Is anyone still doing the alternative apparel/american apparel wholesale deal?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report

Are these the 101z's? I used to have that problem, it turned out that they weren't stretching because I was wearing them with my belt. You didn't say anything about a belt, but just to rule it out I remind you to wear them without a belt and push them lower on your hips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads