• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nashville

Reaction score
I found a Lacoste long sleeve shirt today that was in excellent condition thats going to look cool with jeans, I also found a creme colored crew neck pull over shirt by Bobby jones.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hit some stores outside my normal range this weekend. Five stores yielded nothing, then I hit the following at SA:

Brooks Brothers blue end on end dress shirt $4
Macy's store brand blue and white striped end on end $4
Church's Cotswold brown wingtip brogues with shoe trees $7

playdohh22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonylumpkin
Terrific day at the thrifts. It must have been good all over Pittsburgh as I see swb120 had a very nice find as well.^^^

Below is a shot of today's finds. L to R: An olive/brown wool/mohair Paul Smith London two button suit 42R, a Paul Stuart corduroy two button odd jacket and a cream colored Brooks Brothers 100% silk two button jacket...all near perfect. On top of them are a U.S. made BB OCBD, a Zegna plaid casual shirt and a Viyella red tartan cotton/wool blend, a Reis of New Haven Repp tie and a new tan woven cotton belt.
Behind it all are a pair of AE Richmonds and a vintage pair of English made all leather golf shoes. The shoes are sitting on top of a Tumi ballistic nylon two suit travel bag in perfectly serviceable condition. The whole lot was under $75.

What thrift shop do you go to ?
wow.gif

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For you montgomery county, MD residents, at the Nordstrom Rack in Gaithersburg, there's a EZegna Trofeo sportscoat mistakenly marked down to $250. Great looking coat. 52R.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonylumpkin
Terrific day at the thrifts. It must have been good all over Pittsburgh as I see swb120 had a very nice find as well.^^^

Below is a shot of today's finds. L to R: An olive/brown wool/mohair Paul Smith London two button suit 42R, a Paul Stuart corduroy two button odd jacket and a cream colored Brooks Brothers 100% silk two button jacket...all near perfect. On top of them are a U.S. made BB OCBD, a Zegna plaid casual shirt and a Viyella red tartan cotton/wool blend, a Reis of New Haven Repp tie and a new tan woven cotton belt.
Behind it all are a pair of AE Richmonds and a vintage pair of English made all leather golf shoes. The shoes are sitting on top of a Tumi ballistic nylon two suit travel bag in perfectly serviceable condition. The whole lot was under $75.

Nice haul indeed tony,

The Tumi is lagniappe!

It seems that your thrifts are particularly thrifty in Pittsburgh ( Land of the $2.00 Lobbs).

I don't put in nearly your time or effort, but I just can't imagine new $2.00 Lobbs here or the kind of haul above for $75.

Well done!

lithium180

Reaction score
2 Hermes ties, $6 each
2 Paul Stuart ties, $2 each
1 new Blue/Yellow ribbon Canterbury belt, $2
2 pairs new Stafford brown dress socks, $3

J'aimelescravates

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bijan tie ( I know,I know but it's going on ebay) $1.64
TM Lewin tie $1

There was/is a nicely constructed Paul Stuart jacket near me but it has so much pilling on it that I don't think it is worth it. For $6 USD should I just buy it and try to correct the pilling issue or should I just fuggetaboutit?

Mblova

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lithium180
2 Hermes ties, $6 each
2 Paul Stuart ties, $2 each
1 new Blue/Yellow ribbon Canterbury belt, $2
2 pairs new Stafford brown dress socks, $3

Where do you go thrifting in Philadelphia?

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by playdohh22
What thrift shop do you go to ?
wow.gif

I go to many...and often, but very few of the trips are this productive. You just have to stick with it.
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Nice haul indeed tony, The Tumi is lagniappe! It seems that your thrifts are particularly thrifty in Pittsburgh ( Land of the $2.00 Lobbs). I don't put in nearly your time or effort, but I just can't imagine new $2.00 Lobbs here or the kind of haul above for $75. Well done!
Had never heard of lagniappe, I had to go look it up. I like the concept. Its days like that one that keep me looking!

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Hit Last Chance today, so not really thrift, but definitely discount...

Canali dress shirt (it's actually blue, just appears white here) - $19.99

feb2008005sp1.jpg

NWT Santorelli pants - Chocolate brown corduroy- $14.99

feb2008008ob1.jpg

Both...

feb2008009wq0.jpg

eratez

Reaction score
Picked up a Ermenegildo Zegna Taglio Esclusivo DB navy blue suit, working button holes and all , dated 95, it's beautiful but unfortunately a size 54L, too big for me but I got it so I could check it out, so if any members are interested let me know.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
^Good lord, a 54L? That's absolutely monstrous. You could call Shaq? What are the actual measurements, out of curiosity? I mean, if you took any.
He probably means a 54L European, i.e. 44L American.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads