• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

whallyden

Reaction score
Dinner at Joe's:

Seafood Bisque

Conch Fritters

Sweet Potato Fries

Creamed Spinach

Stone Crab Claws

Key Lime Pie

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whallyden
Dinner at Joe's:

Seafood Bisque

Conch Fritters

Sweet Potato Fries

Creamed Spinach

Stone Crab Claws

Key Lime Pie

drool.gif
I love Joe's.

Made chicken noodle soup tonight 'cause my gf wasn't feeling very well.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Oh my ******* god. I started salivating instantly when I saw that.

That bun is PHENOMENAL.

Yeah, not sure about the patty as I like mine charred on the outside and I would prefer chedder but the bacon looks sick!!! and the bun is quite nice.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Yeah, not sure about the patty as I like mine charred on the outside and I would prefer chedder but the bacon looks sick!!! and the bun is quite nice.
Cheddar really sets a burger apart from its American cheese slathered counterparts. Charred is nice too.

ts4them

Reaction score
I made "coca-cola pork chops", very easy and yummy.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Cheddar really sets a burger apart from its American cheese slathered counterparts. Charred is nice too.

The cheese was definitely a weak point. It was some sort of Cabot light cheddar. I'll be upgrading next time I make burgers.

The bun is a whole wheat bun from Whole Foods. In order to counteract some of the health benefits of the bun, I cooked the bacon first, then cooked the burger in the leftover grease (well, I did drain it first.) I also "toasted" the bun in there.

ts4them

Reaction score
You just mix 1 cup coke and 1 cup ketchup(eeek!) in a separate bowl and then pour over pork chops in a baking dish, put in at 350 for 45-60 mins. You don't have to marinade it. It sounds very white trash, but it's actually very tasty. The recipe called to sprinkle with dark brown sugar, but I knew that would be too sweet for me.

pauliodotnet

Reaction score
brown rice, wok'd up some garlic shrimp with sea salt and fresh black pepper, and some corn.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leftover beef stew from a basic Ina Garten recipe--the only thing really separating it from my usual beef stew is marinating the chuck overnight in wine with smashed garlic cloves and bay leaves. The marinade, combined with chicken stock (not homemade, sorry Ina) becomes the broth.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
/\\
||
Good looking burger.

Had company over last night so made:

Rabbit in mustard and thyme sauce

Monkfish in Basque peper sauce

oven roasted vegetables

Accompanied by Stone Vertical Epic Ale 07, Corsendork Christmass Ale and Victory StormKing Stout.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Made shrimp and potato curry last night. Last minute urge. It was good, but I mistook one of the curry bags and put too much of the hot stuff in--our mouths were on fiiiire.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I'm going to eat about 20 hardshell tacos tonight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads