• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best shaving cream

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
Truefitt & Hill

groominglounge198110837ww0.jpg

They (TH) have a new lavender oil/creme which is tops in my book.

Guy Burgess

Reaction score
I got a clinique shaving pack for christmas and it's been good. Although I had only used cheap(er) stuff before that, so I can't compare to a lot of stuff in here.

exterminatus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Proraso is also a winner, but today I used Wars - a cheap cream from Poland that performs far better than its price would indicate. I had forgotten how good this stuff is.

Bath and Body Works carries Proraso under the C.O. Bigelow line.

lol8[1].gif
god does Wars take me back to traveling through Eastern europe in the 80s, I remember one other of the same family called "Brutal."

As for current shaving cream, I'm fascinated by Art Of Shaving Lavender. Makes me looking for a complementing Lavender note cologne...

sweisman

Reaction score
I switch between Avalon Organics, Kiss My Face Lavender and Edge Gel...Keep my face guessing...

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jack Black, available at Sephora. I have sensitive skin and this really minimizes razor burn / redness, even used sparingly (one tube lasted seven months).

style from the heartland

Reaction score
1) Art of Shaving
2) L'Occitane shaving soap
3) Prorasso (has been sold at Bath-Body Works)--not quite as good as above (I hate getting it from tube into shave brush.

Each of these can be metered for the cost-conscious. Standard sizes seem to last anywhere from 2-6 mos, depending on who is using/frequency of shave, etc.

The AOS oil, and aftershave balm, which I apply as needed (I.e., after roughing it for 3 day weekend) will last a long time each.

chiffonhead

Reaction score
I've tried a lot of different products...high end to drugstore. I've got very sensitive skin and I have yet to find a shaving cream better than Nivea for Men - Sensitive Skin.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
After a while, many shave-cream scents start to leave me cold, so I tend to rotate through. I just took a break from Musgo Real, which I liked, and am now using Geo. F. Trumper's "rose" scent. It's quaintly retro -- makes me feel all Victorian.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
LECTRIC SHAVE BLADE CLOSE...LECTRIC SMOOOOTH
cheers.gif

Have you been drinking again?
rotflmao.gif
I only ask because you're screaming and you smell like Miller Light.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by letmebefell
Jack Black, available at Sephora. I have sensitive skin and this really minimizes razor burn / redness, even used sparingly (one tube lasted seven months).

How the heck do you get it to last 7 months? Maybe I should be using a lot less then.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads