• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Go to the Saks sale going on now...

Today I picked up Loro Piana Olive wool covert cloth Horsey Jacket with a detachable cashmere lined vest for $508, reduced from $2550.

Ran into SFers Dr.No and Gdl while I was browsing, too

There are other like deals to be had!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
All junk as usual. Mostly Barneys branded clothing. The rest was crap from Boss, Burberry, and some cheap looking Canalis. The few items that were decent seemed like they'd been through hell and back. I saw the C&J suede loafers, not bad but it wasn't moving enough for me to stay there and wait in line. Also came across a paul smith jacket I already bought from Barneys over christmas and it was cheaper when I bought it. The hoodies from kidrobot were cheaper back then too. I love the crowd too...I swear frummies love this ****.

what's a frummy?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
what's a frummy?

I'll keep my mouth shut lest the Chosen People scold me.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
FWIW, I thought it meant this.
And got upset. . .

I think that is a bit extreme of an example since there are varying degrees of Fruminess.

nsoltz

Reaction score
I got a good lesson in upscale fummies at Saks wathcing a few try on some Zegna suits-- in black, of course.

I take it there is a Saks sale going on. I'll be in staying nearby at the Omni on 52nd and 5th. Might be worth a walk through on Monday...

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you wear size 46, there a couple of grey Isaia suits at Century 21 for $349.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I'll keep my mouth shut lest the Chosen People scold me.
Don't worry, we'll scold you anyway, Mr. Abominator.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
Don't worry, we'll scold you anyway, Mr. Abominator.

I am a Golem!!!!

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
FWIW, I thought it meant this.
And got upset. . .

It does, but it's not derogatory. I actually thought socal hit it spot on about modesty if you're really interested (a couple of pages back in this thread).

bobdobalina

Reaction score
If there is anything from Isaia Napoli under $1000 in 54 or 56 at C21, I sure as hell didn't see it. And I elbowed my fair share of tourists while looking. They did have plenty of basic charcoal V-model suits for $1000, though. Which isn't too shabby for a completely inoffensive, business-friendly suit.

Also at C21 were about two dozen Brioni sportcoats (exactly the same, and not for me!) for (and my memory may be wrong) circa $600.

Saks had a smattering of stuff-- 4 or 5 odd St Andrews suits in solid navy or charcoal for 50% off $4500, 4 St Andrews shirts for $136 each, only in size 16. 10 or 12 different Charvet ties for $50, but none that I thought I could successfully pair with a suit. 10-12 Borrelli and Brioni dress shirts scattered about for $130ish. A few inoffensive Testoni shoes on the clearance racks, but nothing for my size 13 clodhoppers.

I bought one of the St Andrews shirts and while I wish it were a bit more tapered I gotta say I like it a lot. I'll buy more if I can ever find them anywhere at that price. The Manhattan Saks doesn't usually carry the line.

bobdobalina

Reaction score
Oh, and a few solid navy Oxxford blazers in a variety of sizes at Saks for $600. Not a great price (on any of this stuff, really) but better than you'll usually do.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shhh.

\t

PAUL STUART
Menswear & Womenswear

Men's Suits, Sportcoats, Trousers, Outerwear & Furnishings
Including: Shirts, Ties, Sweaters, Hats, Scarves, Robes & Pajamas and Shoes

Women's Suits, Jackets, Skirts, Trousers, Outerwear,
Shirts, Knits & Accssories

Also available:
Fabric in suit and jacket lengths

EXTRAORDINARY SAVINGS
\t

TUESDAY, MARCH 4th through FRIDAY, MARCH 7th
Tuesday through Thursday: 9:00am to 6:30pm
Friday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
\t

To be held at:
SOIFFER HASKIN
317 West 33rd Street, NYC
(Just west of 8th Avenue)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads