• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by California Dreamer
I usually do. Campus never fails to blow my mind, and Bangalore is good fun, if a bit tatty.

have you ever ventured out to MTR?

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I needed to get slides developed for my portfolio, so I call up PennCamera, and ask if they can develop slides from images burned onto a disc, or from a flash-drive. They tell me, "Sure, we can make slides from images on a disc, but we have to do it at our off site developing place, which will cost 6.50 PER slide."

WTF. Last time I got slides developed there, it was 14 dollars for 5 sets of 20 different images.
censored.gif

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get on the elevator on the 9th floor, going to the ground floor. Someone else gets on on the 3rd floor going to the.....2nd floor. Not really a "pissed off" inducing experience, but still. Can't your fat ass, which needs the exercise, just walk down one flight of stairs?

I'd like turkey with mayo and lettuce on a croissant. She starts to put tomatoes on. NO! No tomatoes, please. You want cheese? No thank you. (Was that part of my very simple order which consisted of exacatly four items?)

Yes, I realize I'm easily pissed off. It's like people are trying, or something.

b

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Yes, I realize I'm easily pissed off. It's like people are trying, or something.

Have you ever considered the possibility that you might be the one that's trying?

On the other hand, this thread is all the better for it.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like turkey with mayo and lettuce on a croissant. She starts to put tomatoes on. NO! No tomatoes, please. You want cheese? No thank you. (Was that part of my very simple order which consisted of exacatly four items?)

This kind of thing drives me nutty as well. There is a bagel place near my house that can't seem to remember my order. What's so hard about remembering "i'd like an everything bagel with vegetable cream cheese and tomato" Buy the time they grab the bagel and cut it open they have forgotten what I asked for. I can tell half the time whoever is working behind the counter is not paying attention to a word I am saying as I place my order.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by topcatny
This kind of thing drives me nutty as well. There is a bagel place near my house that can't seem to remember my order. What's so hard about remembering "i'd like an everything bagel with vegetable cream cheese and tomato" Buy the time they grab the bagel and cut it open they have forgotten what I asked for. I can tell half the time whoever is working behind the counter is not paying attention to a word I am saying as I place my order.

This annoys me too, but it's sort of understandable. It's a boring job they probably hate, and they make variations of the same order over and over again. It's probably difficult to hear much other than "blah blah blah" when they're taking your order.

The variation on this that bugs is me when you're a frequent customer of a coffee place or bagel shop or whatever, and the person behind the counter is so eager to impress you that they won't even let you articulate your order, saying "the usual?" with a big grin and ignoring what you're saying. Then, of course, they give you something that bears no resemblance to what you came in for. Yeah, my usual is really an extra sugar soy latte with two pumps of green apple syrup, thanks so much.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Students who have a midterm exam on Sunday, don't bother to come to class or even check the course website, and call or email me two days before asking: can you tell me what to study for the exam?
plain.gif
Idiots!

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Students who have a midterm exam on Sunday, don't bother to come to class or even check the course website, and call or email me two days before asking: can you tell me what to study for the exam?
plain.gif
Idiots!

No longer having to deal with that is now going to go over in the "What's Making You Happy" thread.

b

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Have you ever considered the possibility that you might be the one that's trying?

On the other hand, this thread is all the better for it.

Yes, I have considered it. And sometimes I'm sure it's just me getting worked up over nothing. For instance: you are standing at the bus stop and a bus shows up. You get. Then you start searching for payment (coins, metrocard, whatever). I'm sorry, were you surprised to find yourseld on the bus? Do you realize there are people behind you in the rain? Or that we all want to go home?

I'm learning to ignore this.

b

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I get on the elevator on the 9th floor, going to the ground floor. Someone else gets on on the 3rd floor going to the.....2nd floor. Not really a "pissed off" inducing experience, but still. Can't your fat ass, which needs the exercise, just walk down one flight of stairs?

b

That drives me crazy! Nothing worse than being on your way out to a business meeting or lunch, really amped up and ready to go, and having the elevator stop at the third floor, have some wretch waddle on and push the "2" button. It seems it's almost always overweight, age 30-60 year old women (or maybe it just seems that way because that's all I work with)

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
plain.gif
Idiots!

They have exams on Sunday in Canadastan? Yikes.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
They have exams on Sunday in Canadastan? Yikes.

Yes, I decide when the midterm exam is. Since I don't want to prepare four different exams for four sections of this course, all 600 students must write at the same time and so it has to be on the weekend so I can get enough rooms and there is no conflict with other classes. Predictably, many students have now discovered Jesus and are church-going Christians who cannot write an exam on Sunday.

I also had exams on the weekends as an undergrad. No big deal.

No longer having to deal with that is now going to go over in the "What's Making You Happy" thread.

b

I am looking forward to being in that situation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads