• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5EP x SF jean post pics

Godmother

Reaction score
BrettChaotix;880530 said:
I've been wearing my 5EPxSF's since October with the others in my rotation but for Feb I'll be wearing only them, as long as I can each day (about 16 hours)

Brett Those look great...can you send me the pics...I want to start collecting the pics...please include any good stories about how you " grow " you jean ( I don;t mean stretch...like what you said above..4 months worn how many days a week and how many hours and any other good facts.

Other " Made Men " would love to see more pics. Also is there a way to rotate the pics so you can look at them better ? Seems the photos are cut off..but looks good none the less.

Thanks again to everyone who took part in this collaboration and keep posting the pics...would be great to jeans after 6 months, year, etc.
thumbs-up.gif
Godmother

pooMonger

Reaction score
what's usually the shipping time from the denimbar store to southern california? Just got an e-mail saying that it's been shipped with a delivery estimate of 2/18/08. I hope it gets here sooner than that so I can wear them when I go back home for the long weekend!

lost in va

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Godmother
Godmother here....Here is a trick to help stretch the waist...spray the inside of the waistband and get it slightly damp...and then button waistband and step onto one side and stretch it..then while still damp wear the jean ( blue will bleed on tee shirt orskin possibley ) and wear it til it drys..it should " stretch to fit " in the waist and keep the rest of the jean fit and rigid look. Let me know how this works out.
teacha.gif

Thanks, I actually decided to just put them on and sit at my desk on my computer for an extended period of time. I always lean forward so I managed to stretch them out enough to where the button is now easy to get buttoned. I'll keep the trick in mind though for the next pair that fits like this.

amlai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asch
Originally Posted by amlai
I have a pair in size 29 and 5 months later, while they have stretched some, they are still close to skin tight... and I do not consider myself as having thick legs. I'm still thinking of buying another pair sized up this time.
Exactly the same here.

I just got another pair in size 30. In case anyone else is planning on sizing up from a 29 to a 30, my comparisons of the two are that the lower leg and thigh are essentially identical. This is of course after wearing the size 29 for about 5 months, but the hem is identical and I doubt that I'd be stretching that out all that much. The only part that seems appreciably larger is not surprisingly the waist. Edit: OK, there's definitely more room in the top block compared to how I remember the 29's fitting when I first got them.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks amlai! I guess this particular jean just won't work for me, as beautiful as the denim is.

If anyone wants these in a 29, I have a pair for sale (see my signature).

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok Tomorrow I will give the break down of the sizes I have left.
I also have the LDB in raw and rinse and a couple of great washes.

amlai

Reaction score
Just thought I'd post one more picture comparing my worn pair against the brand new unworn raw pair. The color rendtion is pretty accurate.

img0680sizedax9.jpg

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
^^ I love that--the first veeery slight hints of a thigh fade. Down by the hem, the denim is almost exactly the same color, but up on the thighs and in the top block, it's quite clearly a few shades lighter.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really need to learn how to take a decent picture :/

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that picture is awesome, I really want to buy a pair but I am not allowing myself anymore denim.

Godmother

Reaction score
amlai;888427 said:
Just thought I'd post one more picture comparing my worn pair against the brand new unworn raw pair. The color rendtion is pretty accurate.

" NO WIRE HANGERS EVER " .....Godmommy Dearest wants to see them on a body...please ! Nice pic and thanks for posting, but I am curious to see fit and thanks for the nice color comments....It was something I worked on. I wanted to make the most unusual color so it would stand out in a
saturated " sea of blue " indigo denim jeans.

doink

Reaction score
Here are some detail shots of the wear on my SFX5EP's.

I'll try for a few pictures of me wearing them.

Godmother

Reaction score
Originally Posted by doink
Here are some detail shots of the wear on my SFX5EP's.

I'll try for a few pictures of me wearing them.

Godmother here...Did you wash them ? Just curious...if so how often. Thanks for the nice pics.

doink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Godmother
Godmother here...Did you wash them ? Just curious...if so how often. Thanks for the nice pics.
I decided that with these I would wash them whenever they seemed dirty or needed to be shrunk back to size. They have probably been washed 6-8 times. Cold water, Dr Bronner's soap, hung to dry. Colour is pretty true to how they look. There is some whiskering starting in the lap. Sizing is true to size(34).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads